Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

LOWER FORWARD CONTROL ARMS GOING BAD CONTINUOUSLY!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2024 EXPLORER ST
I HAVE A 2024 EXOPLORER ST. AFTER ABOUT 2000 MILES I NOTICED WHEN I HIT THE BRAKE I FEEL SLIGHT TIRE MOVEMENT. I COULDNT DUPLICATE IT AGAIN. A FEW HUNDRED MILES LATER IT WAS AT EVERY STOP I COULD FEEL IT. I PULLED IT IN THE BAY, HOISTED IT AND THE LOWER FORWARD ARMS WERE WASTED. WITH MINOR INNER TIE ROD MOVEMENT. TOOK IT TO THE DEALER. THEY HAD IT FOR ALMOST A MONTH. GAVE ME THE RUN AROUND ABOUT NEW DESIGN, ITS SUPPOSED TO DO THAT, EVEN A "I DONT GO AROUND SLAMMING ON BRAKES" LOL. SO THEY WOULDNT FIX IT. THEY CLAIMED THE SUB FRAME HAD COME "TOURQUED" AND WAS MOVING AS I STOPPED. IT WAS PLAUSIBLE BUT I KNOW FOR A FACT IT WAS THE CONTROL ARMS. I DROVE TO HOLLY FROM STERLING HEIGHTS TO PICK IT UP. SAME PROBLEM. I REFUSED TO TAKE IT. AND FOR ANOTHER 2 WEEKS THEY REFUSED TO FIX IT. FINALLY I SAID ILL COME GET IT AND CHANGE EM MY SELF. I GOT THERE IN MY WORK UNIFORM. IM CERTIFIED AUTO MECHANIC AND THEIR TUNE CHANGED. THEY DROVE A BRAND NEW ST NEXT TO MINE AND TOLD ME TO DUPLICATE MY PROBLEM. WHICH I COULDNT. HOPPED IN MINE, HIT THE BRAKE AND TIRES FLEW FORWARD. THEY DECIDED TO CHANGE THEM. I PICKED IT UP IT FELT FINE AT THE DEALER. BUT AFTER A WEEK SAME ISSUE. I DIDNT BRING IT UP TO THEM BUT THE LOANER THEY GAVE ME WAS A 24 EDGE WITH 264 MILES ON IT. AND GUESS WHAT.......LOWER CONTROL ARM MOVENT. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS ISSUE? DO THEY MALE PERFORMANCE OR UPGRADED LOWER FORWARD ARMS? I LOVE THE CAR BUT IM PRETTY ANNOYED WITH THE ISSUE AND LACK OF ASSISTANCE FROM THE DEALER.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Just WOW!

Reactions
Find another dealer to work with. If you are feeling movement of something shifting other than normal suspension compression and rebound during a stop, something isn't right..

23 Explorer ST

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
WOW! Take it to another dealer that knows what they are doing.
It sounds like they are not wanting to do warranty work which seems that’s the case at most stealerships any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Yeah, first off, the poster is illiterate and can’t put a coherent thought together. Second it reads like they(?) have no idea wtf they're talking about. Third, it’s a troll post.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
All caps was a nice touch too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Can’t read it…don’t care anymore.

Reactions
How long did it take to capitalize the first letter of every word.... Almost reads like an AI generated post...

Crazy Guy: Chatgpt generate a story about lower control arms failing on the Explorer ST in the style of a Karen with her hair on fire....

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
The first set could have been damaged while being shipped if the car was strapped down by the control arms. Second set, improper install techniques, the manual is full of warnings regarding this. Yes you should be able to have the parts shipped to you.