Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Maps only shows on half screen or not at all

Vinnyc68

Reactions
Vehicle
21 explorer st
grabbed a 21 St a few months ago and recently the maps screen either goes half or nothing at all. Along with a blank screen sometimes as well. Another issue I have is I turn my car off and the screen still doesn’t go off for a few minutes after I leave my car. Any help or suggestions on all of this??

Attachments

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Check the SYNC version you are running. The newest is 23188 and it solved a lot of issues caused by 22251

hbalek

Reactions
grabbed a 21 St a few months ago and recently the maps screen either goes half or nothing at all. Along with a blank screen sometimes as well. Another issue I have is I turn my car off and the screen still doesn’t go off for a few minutes after I leave my car. Any help or suggestions on all of this??
Yeah I had that happen when my memory was really low due to the bad software update. Sync version 23188 solved all of my many annoying issues.

RacerX33

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Ford Explorer ST
I just got a notice today to bring in the 23 explorer that I traded in for my 24 ST.
Select explorers from 2018-2024 need an update to the sync system.
Call your dealer. My new ST does not need the fix.
But the 23XLT I had does need the updated version of SYNC.
Might be needed on your vehicle?

Explorer ST Posts