Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Missed Shift??!?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Update!

The dealer said they can't just check the fluid level so given I was at 60K miles I just had them do the service.

Definitely shifts smoother and the 3rd gear thump is actually way less. Makes me wonder how filled the transmission fluid was from the factory?

Of course the brakes developed a shimmy after I picked it back up from the dealer

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
They lied to you! Literally would take them 15 minutes to check the fluid (provided it was up to operating temp).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #22
Thanks everyone for the truth info!

Given my mileage, the constant 3rd gear thumps since purchase, and the relatively low $200 price to service in SoCal I decided not to make it an issue in the moment and had them do the service.

It's a PIA for me to drop my car at my dealer and it includes an out of pocket rental for me so usually I defer to less time and back and forth.

Will know for next time though.

Thanks everyone!

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk