Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Muffler shop recommendations in North Dallas area

Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Ford Explorer ST
Does anyone have recommendations for a muffler shop in the North Dallas area (Plano/Frisco/McKinney/Allen) for muffler work? I would like to have the chrome tips cut off and have different ones welded on. I don't want to replace the exhaust system, just the visible exhaust tips.

Thanks!

Capzir

Reactions
Kinneys, it’s not those specific cities but nearby. They did my ST 4 years ago, if you YouTube Kinneys muffler you can see my car

OP
AggieSVT
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Kinneys, it’s not those specific cities but nearby. They did my ST 4 years ago, if you YouTube Kinneys muffler you can see my car
Thanks for the recommendation. I have a couple of shops closer that I am going to checkout but I’ll keep that one in mind.

OP
AggieSVT
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
I went with Elite Exhaust & Brake in Plano on North Central Expressway (469-991-1801) and worked with Tommy Hernandez (Manager). I was very pleased with the work and how it turned out.

IMG_7049.jpeg IMG_7050.jpeg

Jetiemann

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I went with Elite Exhaust & Brake in Plano on North Central Expressway (469-991-1801) and worked with Tommy Hernandez (Manager). I was very pleased with the work and how it turned out.

View attachment 23779 View attachment 23780
Looks good. 4" tips? Do you have any pics of how they tied it into the factory muffler? I'm about to have this done. Thanks

OP
AggieSVT
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
Looks good. 4" tips? Do you have any pics of how they tied it into the factory muffler? I'm about to have this done. Thanks
Thank you! Yes they are 4” tips. They cut off the chrome ones just behind the tips, added a sleeve to increase the diameter and then welded them on.

IMG_7070.jpeg