Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Multiple error codes...

s0nguy

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer St
Hello all,

Firs post here. We own a 2021 Explorer ST a check engine light recently came on. The car is difficult to start after fueling. I refuled it while it was running and I think I broke the purge valve.

I am getting the following error codes:
P0496
P2196

The dealr wants at least $1000.00 to fix it. Does that sound normal?

I can see the part that needs to be replaced and it doesn't look too hard to do but it does look hard to get to. I am in the Nashville area if anyone has a mechanic they'd like to recommend.

Thanks in advance!

OP
S

s0nguy

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer St
Thread Starter #3
Yes I have seen that thread. I am not the best when it comes to working on cars... houses, yes... cars no. I will dig a little deeper into it. I guess Ill have to remove bolts and things like that. Is is bad to continue to drive it?

After looking again, there a picture with the 4 bolts to remove so I think I will attempt it. I ordered this:

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/fuel-tube-support-bracket-fuel-line-bracket-p-gl3z9b325b?pdp=y

thanks

Last edited:

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Yes I have seen that thread. I am not the best when it comes to working on cars... houses, yes... cars no. I will dig a little deeper into it. I guess Ill have to remove bolts and things like that. Is is bad to continue to drive it?
It’s probably okay to drive but I wouldn’t wait for it too long.