Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Need Help with Up Grades

EEGS

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Ok, originally wanted to get a Mustang Mach 1, but that is not very practical for me, as it would be my only car, and there is just not enough room to carry things. In addition, I really like the aspect of an all-weather vehicle! Having a modified 09 STi really spoiled me :) I needed to replace the STi with an 2015 Explorer Sport which after 6 owning for 6 years had close to 180K miles on it, and needed the water pump replaced and the trans was starting to act up.
So, I bought a 2023 Explorer ST factory buy back a few months ago, and since I can't have the Mustang, I want to fix this up to at least keep my son in sight when he is driving his modified Mitsubishi Ralliart :)

So now i am in the process of installing
R&D 3" Exhaust
H&R lowering Springs
F & R sway bars
ALL the subframe and differential bushings
Rear Vertical Links & Rear Toe Links
Catch Can.

All the above has been purchased, just need to get my son to help me finish getting it all installed.

Now on to the next phase

I would like to install down pipes and a turbo kit
Whipple Intercooler
SPD Down Pipes
CR Performance Stage 5? I am also open to suggestions on all the above.
ZFG tune for the above.

Since I am going to have to have a shop do the downpipes, I am thinking it would be best to have them install the turbos at the same time, figure we would do the intercooler ourselves.

Can rest of the cold air intake and turbo piping can be done afterwards in the next phase?
Do we need to do any supporting mods for the above?

The following phase will be wheels, tires, and big brake kit.

Thanks

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Ok, originally wanted to get a Mustang Mach 1, but that is not very practical for me, as it would be my only car, and there is just not enough room to carry things. In addition, I really like the aspect of an all-weather vehicle! Having a modified 09 STi really spoiled me :) I needed to replace the STi with an 2015 Explorer Sport which after 6 owning for 6 years had close to 180K miles on it, and needed the water pump replaced and the trans was starting to act up.
So, I bought a 2023 Explorer ST factory buy back a few months ago, and since I can't have the Mustang, I want to fix this up to at least keep my son in sight when he is driving his modified Mitsubishi Ralliart :)

So now i am in the process of installing
R&D 3" Exhaust
H&R lowering Springs
F & R sway bars
ALL the subframe and differential bushings
Rear Vertical Links & Rear Toe Links
Catch Can.

All the above has been purchased, just need to get my son to help me finish getting it all installed.

Now on to the next phase

I would like to install down pipes and a turbo kit
Whipple Intercooler
SPD Down Pipes
CR Performance Stage 5? I am also open to suggestions on all the above.
ZFG tune for the above.

Since I am going to have to have a shop do the downpipes, I am thinking it would be best to have them install the turbos at the same time, figure we would do the intercooler ourselves.

Can rest of the cold air intake and turbo piping can be done afterwards in the next phase?
Do we need to do any supporting mods for the above?

The following phase will be wheels, tires, and big brake kit.

Thanks
Here’s what I’d do:

1)Downpipes
2)Wheel tire setup (got to put that power down)
3)BBK (at those speeds you’ll need braking power)
2)built transmission from RSA (you’ll need one with a turbo kit)
3)CRP stage 5 and proper fuel system (you’ll need more fuel with the bigger turbos)
4)diff brace, diff inserts, and upgraded bolts (it never hurts even with 2-bolt)

Cold air intake will be easy to install after all the other mods. It’s better to get all the charge pipes done with the inrercooler, it makes things a lot easier. Here’s my modding guide in case it helps, although it looks like you definitely know what you’re doing already.

https://www.explorerst.org/threads/explorer-st-modding-101-guide.7324/