Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New 23 ST owner from eastern PA

Leadfoot

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Hi, Just traded in my 18 SHO for the "new" 23 Black Explorer ST (4231 miles but listed as new). Had a 13 SHO, then 18 SHO (both modified), now the ST.
I'm going to modify it in a couple of months once I feel that the new car bugs will be covered under warranty, only put 30 mile on it so far...
Used to be on the SHO forums with close to the same login. Had fun with those cars. :) View attachment 25187
Looking forward to having fun with this platform as well.
Going to do the usual mods: down pipes, lowering springs, tune, IC, diff brace, rear sway bar, etc.
Which IC works the best with the ST?

I'm hoping to learn a lot from the forum and hopefully give a little back also.

Thanks,
George
ST explorer.JPG

23 Explorer ST

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Hi, Just traded in my 18 SHO for the "new" 23 Black Explorer ST (4231 miles but listed as new). Had a 13 SHO, then 18 SHO (both modified), now the ST.
I'm going to modify it in a couple of months once I feel that the new car bugs will be covered under warranty, only put 30 mile on it so far...
Used to be on the SHO forums with close to the same login. Had fun with those cars. :) View attachment 25187
Going to do the usual mods: down pipes, lowering springs, tune, IC, diff brace, rear sway bar, etc.

Thanks,
George
View attachment 25192
Welcome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
All the name brands work well. Right now it looks like Steeda has the best price. CVF is close. I would shop the the sales but do stay with a name brand.

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150

Thanks,
George
View attachment 25192
Welcome to the forum! All the intercoolers perform the same (except for cheap eBay ones) so whatever one you find cheapest will be the best one. Here’s my modding guide if you need more info on that:

https://www.explorerst.org/threads/explorer-st-modding-101-guide.7324/

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

OP
L

Leadfoot

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
Welcome to the forum! All the intercoolers perform the same (except for cheap eBay ones) so whatever one you find cheapest will be the best one. Here’s my modding guide if you need more info on that:

https://www.explorerst.org/threads/explorer-st-modding-101-guide.7324/
Thanks for the welcomes and info! Had checked out that thread earlier, a lot of great info there!
I'll probably go with the zfgr stage 1 package bundle to start the mods in a couple of months. going to order the JLT catch can shortly.

BrooseDaMoose

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Welcome to the forum! Lot's of fun modding these vehicles. As posted above, name brand IC all are good. I chose CVF just because it was black and I didn't want it to show behind the grill. Good luck!