Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New motor, hallelujah. 2020 Explorer ST.

Zim

Reactions
Just wanted to say after about 7 weeks I finally got my Explorer back today!! Thankfully the motor was covered under warranty. I’ve been tuned for about 20k miles so I was shocked they even covered it.

I was just driving home from dinner and I heard my engine clanking, I checked the dip stick and it was almost completely dry. No oil light.. nothing. I’ve read on here that a few other people have had the same problem.

anyways, just wanted to share. They gave me an XLT loaner.. happy to get out of that as well lol.

Here’s a pic I snagged as soon as I got home.
IMG_2251.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
So the ultimate question...how did you get around them dinging you for the tune?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Just wanted to say after about 7 weeks I finally got my Explorer back today!! Thankfully the motor was covered under warranty. I’ve been tuned for about 20k miles so I was shocked they even covered it.

I was just driving home from dinner and I heard my engine clanking, I checked the dip stick and it was almost completely dry. No oil light.. nothing. I’ve read on here that a few other people have had the same problem.

anyways, just wanted to share. They gave me an XLT loaner.. happy to get out of that as well lol.

Here’s a pic I snagged as soon as I got home.
View attachment 23707
Awesome that you got it covered. What dealer was it and where?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
To be fair, a tune should in no way affect the oil level.
A dry dipstick means you likely had the issue with the flawed pan seal.

Im glad they didnt try to B.S. you and you got it replaced.

Now, did they REPLACE it, or try to replace internals?
(They did that to a Fusion Energi of mine they killed)

OP
Z

Zim

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
So the ultimate question...how did you get around them dinging you for the tune?
I guess they just didn’t care lol. I left it flashed.

OP
Z

Zim

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
OP
Z

Zim

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
To be fair, a tune should in no way affect the oil level.
A dry dipstick means you likely had the issue with the flawed pan seal.

Im glad they didnt try to B.S. you and you got it replaced.

Now, did they REPLACE it, or try to replace internals?
(They did that to a Fusion Energi of mine they killed)
I agree, I kept saying that to myself but I figured they’d try and get out of it any way that they could.

When I got the phone call my heart dropped.. he said, “well your motors blown… but the bad news is.. *awkward silence* we can’t get you a new motor for 2 weeks” I didn’t ask any questions and just said that’s fine lol.

and yes new long block