Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New owner 2021 Carbonized Gray

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Just picked up my first ST recently. A 2021 Explorer ST in Carbonized Gray metallic with just over 23k on it. Previous owner already did a handful of solid mods to it but I'm gonna swap some of them out in the future, these will hold me over for now though so I'm in no rush. It's got a Borla ATAK cat-back with the carbon fiber tips, AFE Momentum GT intake, Steeda lowering springs, Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Turbosmart BOV, and UPR Dual valve catch can.

Sooner rather than later I'll probably add the Steeda diff brace (it is a 3 bolt diff). Also need to go ahead and make a warranty claim, the bottom of the front cup holders is falling out which I didn't noticed when I bought the car but that's not a huge deal and I've heard it's common.

I'm looking forward to having a fun DD for once. Let me know what you think!

451283489_1046008937083871_8215548882742871963_n.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Congratulations man!

23 Explorer ST

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Congratulations!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RacerX33

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Ford Explorer ST
Looking good!

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Just picked up my first ST recently. A 2021 Explorer ST in Carbonized Gray metallic with just over 23k on it. Previous owner already did a handful of solid mods to it but I'm gonna swap some of them out in the future, these will hold me over for now though so I'm in no rush. It's got a Borla ATAK cat-back with the carbon fiber tips, AFE Momentum GT intake, Steeda lowering springs, Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Turbosmart BOV, and UPR Dual valve catch can.

Sooner rather than later I'll probably add the Steeda diff brace (it is a 3 bolt diff). Also need to go ahead and make a warranty claim, the bottom of the front cup holders is falling out which I didn't noticed when I bought the car but that's not a huge deal and I've heard it's common.

View attachment 24307
Congrats! Just a quick tip, the ID-Speed brace is better then the Steeda brace and costs the same.

OP
M
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
Congrats! Just a quick tip, the ID-Speed brace is better then the Steeda brace and costs the same.
Not familiar with the ID speed one I don't think. I'll look into that one. Thanks man!

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Not familiar with the ID speed one I don't think. I'll look into that one. Thanks man!
It was here before the Steeda unit, and has far superior bushings. Not many people know about it but it is far better than the Steeda unit. Plus, the Steeda unit has had problems with their bolts snapping.

OP
M
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
It was here before the Steeda unit, and has far superior bushings. Not many people know about it but it is far better than the Steeda unit. Plus, the Steeda unit has had problems with their bolts snapping.
Literally right after I responded to your last post, I went to one of the ST groups on facebook and the most recent post was a guy who came into his garage and found 2 of the 3 bolts that go into the subframe snapped off. Not sure the rhyme or reason but that pretty much sealed it for me.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Best...color...welcome!. Glad you got a thread started, was going to say you should post a pic in your other thread.

OP
M
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #11
Best...color...welcome!. Glad you got a thread started, was going to say you should post a pic in your other thread.
My first choice was the dark forest green but those are so damn hard to come by but I do love the carbonized gray

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

View attachment 24307
Congrats and welcome.

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats and welcome aboard

mf67317

Reactions
Vehicle
2013 Dodge Charger SRT8
Well done sir, I wanted to find a lightly modded example myself.

CBST2024

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Congratulations and welcome! I'm a fellow new owner of 2021 gray ST. Mine is unmodded at the moment, but I'd like to upgrade her, so your thread is very helpful. Nice find with the low miles! I was happy with 38,000 miles on mine.

Last edited:

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor