Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New Owner - 21 ST Questions

jeg11010

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
New owner to a silver 21 ST. Bought it from a Ford dealer out of state a few weeks ago. So far, I'm loving it but have a few questions:

Every time I park the car and shut it off, whether I drive 5 min or two hours, I get an alert on my phone from FordPass saying that remote features are disabled to preserve battery. Also, when I turn the engine off, the accessory power only lasts for around a minute before the screen, radio, etc shut off. I stopped by O'Reilly today and they tested my battery and their device said the battery's charge was low but all the other tests (cranking, alternator function, etc) were fine. Any ideas? Throw a charger on the battery overnight? Try another battery? Dealer?

The auto stop start has not worked once since I've had the car. Could this be related to the battery issue? It is not turned off on the button near the "mode" dial.

I would like to set a new door code but I do not know what the factory or existing code is. How do I figure this out?

Is there any way to make the massaging seats go on by default when I start the car?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Welcome! And congratulations on your purchase.

Now, have the dealer replace the battery. No reason you should inherit their problem.

If there is a way to do the massage, it would be FORscan, but I doubt it

Psyko_323

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
X2 on that battery replacement.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
New owner to a silver 21 ST. Bought it from a Ford dealer out of state a few weeks ago. So far, I'm loving it but have a few questions:

Every time I park the car and shut it off, whether I drive 5 min or two hours, I get an alert on my phone from FordPass saying that remote features are disabled to preserve battery. Also, when I turn the engine off, the accessory power only lasts for around a minute before the screen, radio, etc shut off. I stopped by O'Reilly today and they tested my battery and their device said the battery's charge was low but all the other tests (cranking, alternator function, etc) were fine. Any ideas? Throw a charger on the battery overnight? Try another battery? Dealer?

The auto stop start has not worked once since I've had the car. Could this be related to the battery issue? It is not turned off on the button near the "mode" dial.

I would like to set a new door code but I do not know what the factory or existing code is. How do I figure this out?

Is there any way to make the massaging seats go on by default when I start the car?
Agree with others on new battery. It looks like it is needed. That should be it.
You can erase/change the door code via the touchscreen. You go to settings on the bottom right of the screen, vehicle, and door unlock code and it will ask for factory code, enter that and you should be able to erase previous code and add new one. Welcome to the forum!

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
You can try resetting the BMS. I did this to mine about 3 weeks ago and the ASS has worked ever since. No idea how long it will last but so far so good.

To do it, turn on your ignition but do not start the vehicle. Then flash your high beams 5 times. Then step on the bake 3 times. The battery icon should flash indicating the BMS has been reset. Then try try it and see what happens.

With the door code I think the only way to change it without the factory code is for a dealer to do it.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Welcome to the forum! As for the door code, the only way to change it is with the existing code. If you do not have it you can retrieve it with FORScan.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Welcome to the forum! As for the door code, the only way to change it is with the existing code. If you do not have it you can retrieve it with FORScan.
You can change it with the factory code also.

Jetiemann

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
My factory door code was on a business card with my manual in the glove box. Maybe try there first.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
You can try resetting the BMS. I did this to mine about 3 weeks ago and the ASS has worked ever since. No idea how long it will last but so far so good.

To do it, turn on your ignition but do not start the vehicle. Then flash your high beams 5 times. Then step on the bake 3 times. The battery icon should flash indicating the BMS has been reset. Then try try it and see what happens.

With the door code I think the only way to change it without the factory code is for a dealer to do it.
Was going to suggest this before going after the battery. Went through same situation a week ago and haven't had any issues with alerts since.

I would absolutely talk to them about the battery issue. May be able to hook you up at local Ford dealer to make sure you're good. Either way not something you want to have creep up on you.