Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New owner from MA

msokes9

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Hi everyone,

Just picked up a used 2023 ST in star white metallic a little over a month ago with 4k miles on it. Previously I owned a 2014 XLT that I traded in with 153k miles. So far I absolutely love it and it’s better in every way than my old one.
Unfortunately it’s been to the dealer 3 times for my SYNC screen glitching. The problem was fixed a couple weeks ago and have not had any issues since (knock on wood).
Already got it tinted and installed the black Vossen lug nuts and wheel locks. Down the road, looking to do an exhaust, intake, and intercooler. It’s going to stay as is for now.
Little background about myself, I just graduated college back a few months back and live outside the Boston area. Hope to see some of you on the roads! IMG_1428.jpeg IMG_1431.jpeg

Last edited:

23 Explorer ST

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Hi everyone,

Just picked up a used 2023 ST in star white metallic a little over a month ago with 4k miles on it. Previously I owned a 2014 XLT that I traded in with 153k miles. So far I absolutely love it and it’s better in every way than my old one.
Unfortunately it’s been to the dealer 3 times for my SYNC screen glitching. The problem was fixed a couple weeks ago and have not had any issues since (knock on wood).
Already got it tinted and got the black Vossen lugs nuts and wheel locks. Down the road, looking to do an exhaust, intake, and intercooler. It’s going to stay as is for now.
Little background about myself, I just graduated college back a few months back and live outside the Boston area. Hope to see some of you on the roads! View attachment 24464 View attachment 24465
Welcome and congratulations!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Hi everyone,

Already got it tinted and got the black Vossen lugs nuts and wheel locks. Down the road, looking to do an exhaust, intake, and intercooler. It’s going to stay as is for now.
Little background about myself, I just graduated college back a few months back and live outside the Boston area. Hope to see some of you on the roads! View attachment 24464 View attachment 24465
Congrats and welcome!

Eaks02

Active Duty U.S. Army
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST
Congrats on the win, great color against that black! What exhaust would you like?

OP
msokes9

msokes9

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
Congrats on the win, great color against that black! What exhaust would you like?
Appreciate it! It’s funny I originally wanted a black ST but I couldn’t find one within my price range so I settled with the white. I’m thinking of the Corsa cat-back but I think it might be too loud for my liking. With that I’ll probably go with the Borla S-Type but I could change my mind in the future.

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Appreciate it! It’s funny I originally wanted a black ST but I couldn’t find one within my price range so I settled with the white. I’m thinking of the Corsa cat-back but I think it might be too loud for my liking. With that I’ll probably go with the Borla S-Type but I could change my mind in the future.
Go with the Thermal 2.5” if you’re looking for a more mellow sound. If I’m not wrong, the S-Types done replace the crappy flex pipes so it defeats one of the purposes of replacing the stock exhaust.

BrooseDaMoose

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Welcome to the forum! I live in the SE MA area down around Fall River. I see a few ST owners locally but I don't think they are on the forum. I'll second the Thermal exhaust. I went with the 3" because I did the 3" SPD down pipes and wanted the aggressive sound. The 2.5" would be more mellow though.

Last edited:

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hi everyone,

Already got it tinted and installed the black Vossen lug nuts and wheel locks. Down the road, looking to do an exhaust, intake, and intercooler. It’s going to stay as is for now.
Congrats and welcome. I remember when our ST looked like that before modding it.

OP
msokes9

msokes9

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #11
Welcome to the forum! I live in the SE MA area down around Fall River. I see a few ST owners locally but I don't think they are on the forum. I'll second the Thermal exhaust. I went with the 3" because I did the 3" SPD down pipes and wanted the aggressive sound. The 2.5" would be more mellow though.
Thank you for the insight. Still not 100% set on what I want yet but I’m very particular about sound, especially with a V6. My older Explorer had the 3.5 n/a V6 and I did the Gibson axle back when the stock mufflers rusted out which had a very deep tone which I liked and wasn’t raspy like the Borla and magnaflow. The downside was Gibson uses cheap stainless steel which I learned the hard way and the system almost completely rusted out in less than a year and I also had alignment issues right after it was installed.

Last edited: