Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New Parts Arrived....

Loaded05

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Today should have been a good day. My Superforged BBK arrived after a 5 week wait. My excitement quickly subsided once I began opening the boxes. The rear rotors are MIA, maybe they will show up tomorrow...? Once I cracked into the caliper box, my mood took a turn. Whoever packed the calipers set the fronts on top of the rears with just a thin piece of foam separating them.

Front calipers...looking nice, but why does the box look old, used and abused...
20240923_172201.jpg

Both front calipers look like this. Maybe I'm just being picky as this is the inside face of the caliper, nobody will ever see it but me, but still, I did buy "new" calipers.
20240923_172217.jpg

And now we get to the rear calipers. Both of them are damaged on the outside. FML
20240923_172412.jpg 20240923_172427.jpg

I paid for Route insurance on this order, no clue how good they are. Should I just get some black paint and paint over the damage myself and move on, or see what kind of resolution Route will provide?

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Today should have been a good day. My Superforged BBK arrived after a 5 week wait. My excitement quickly subsided once I began opening the boxes. The rear rotors are MIA, maybe they will show up tomorrow...? Once I cracked into the caliper box, my mood took a turn. Whoever packed the calipers set the fronts on top of the rears with just a thin piece of foam separating them.

Front calipers...looking nice, but why does the box look old, used and abused...
View attachment 25369

Both front calipers look like this. Maybe I'm just being picky as this is the inside face of the caliper, nobody will ever see it but me, but still, I did buy "new" calipers.
View attachment 25371

And now we get to the rear calipers. Both of them are damaged on the outside. FML
View attachment 25372 View attachment 25373

I paid for Route insurance on this order, no clue how good they are. Should I just get some black paint and paint over the damage myself and move on, or see what kind of resolution Route will provide?
Major bummer and unacceptable imo. Would expect them to make it right. Mine came in two boxes front and rears including rotors. Heavy as shit! Mine arrived in excellent shape front and rear side of caliper. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I wouldn't accept those. You deserve better.

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150

View attachment 25369

View attachment 25371

View attachment 25372 View attachment 25373

I definitely would start a claim with the shipping insurance and contact Bruce. Definitely not acceptable.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Take that :poop: back lol

Reactions
Not a chance I'd be okay with them. Those donkeys would be getting their $hit back. Nothing pisses me off more than getting damaged stuff I ordered.

OP
L

Loaded05

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
So after filing the insurance claim, 8 back and forth emails including pictures and a notarized affidavit, I have a replacement order number for the BBK. Let's see if this one takes 5 weeks to get here as well.

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
So after filing the insurance claim, 8 back and forth emails including pictures and a notarized affidavit, I have a replacement order number for the BBK. Let's see if this one takes 5 weeks to get here as well.
Well glad you at least got a replacement set hopefully.

Reactions
OP thanks for your order. We get it. So let me be clear about that. Yeah this does suck for you OP and I won’t invalidate your frustration. Let me just say something through. I stand behind all of our work - even this part of it that we don’t control because if you didn’t have Route via Lethal then you would have had me and the same outcome. Thankfully it’s not often. We are making your kit.

Now in this situation……….

I think you were kidding by saying we reuse boxes. For the record we don’t. I made the mistake recently for a local shipment and won’t do it again. Our factory certainly does not. And I picked up on the sarcasm in the post too - as if somehow we would not ship your kit after we are talking about a kit just delivered (albeit in bad shape). We deserve our criticism and we’ll take it. If it’s unjust or wrong we’ll just help clarify. I get scam attempts ever my day - this industry is full of crazy and I promise we’re not that.

Onto the packages….

FedEx-Delivery-Confirmation.png
Here are the boxes as delivered. They leave the shipping pier as perfect squared corners man. FedEx crushed those boxes with so much force that it compressed the foam to its minimum and literally split heavily taped boxes at the corners and turned the boxes and padding into thin napkins. Lethal shared the pictures you sent because I need to file claim with FedEx as well. Thanks for taking them and sharing them.
SF 14.jpeg
The image above shows a caliper - it should be protected by a thick foam piece or rotor box depending on the setup.

SF 11.jpeg
This is an image of a caliper. We don’t ship them this way.

And I’m sorry you had to go through 8 emails - nobody wants to be on the losing end of an insurance claim for $4000 so thanks for the due diligence. I can see in the pics that the boxes are completely thrashed and smashed. Unacceptable of course. Do you have pics of that box on the porch? To us, it Looks like the crushing force smashed everything onto itself causing all the damage to the calipers. The good news is that you are getting a whole new kit! I will personally look into the timing of your order.

It’s been 2 years since we began and we’ve resisted branching to other vehicles til we work the kinks out. We are still working on ourselves and one major issue has been worked out big time. I know some rumors are running and they’re probably true. Maybe. Either way I will be announcing a huge update to our wheels very soon. Op I’m sorry this happened we will help fix it soon enough. If anyone has questions about this or anything feel free to text or email. I’ll try to revisit this thread soon.

Bruce Criscuolo
Owner, Principal Designer
SuperForged Wheels

bruce@superforgedwheels.com
+1 (215) 872-8004 direct/text
+1 (877) FORGED-0 toll-free

Find us @superforged

www.superforgedwheels.com

FedEx-Delivery-Confirmation.png SF 14.jpeg

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
OP thanks for your order. We get it. So let me be clear about that. Yeah this does suck for you OP and I won’t invalidate your frustration. Let me just say something through. I stand behind all of our work - even this part of it that we don’t control because if you didn’t have Route via Lethal then you would have had me and the same outcome. Thankfully it’s not often. We are making your kit.

I think you were kidding by saying we reuse boxes. For the record we don’t. I made the mistake recently for a local shipment and won’t do it again. Our factory certainly does not. And I picked up on the sarcasm in the post too - as if somehow we would not ship your kit after we are talking about a kit just delivered (albeit in bad shape). We deserve our criticism and we’ll take it. If it’s unjust or wrong we’ll just help clarify. I get scam attempts ever my day - this industry is full of crazy and I promise we’re not that.

Onto the packages….

View attachment 25530
Here are the boxes as delivered. They leave the shipping pier as perfect squared corners man. FedEx crushed those boxes with so much force that it compressed the foam to its minimum and literally split heavily taped boxes at the corners and turned the boxes and padding into thin napkins. Lethal shared the pictures you sent because I need to file claim with FedEx as well. Thanks for taking them and sharing them.
View attachment 25531
The image above shows a caliper - it should be protected by a thick foam piece or rotor box depending on the setup.

View attachment 25532

And I’m sorry you had to go through 8 emails - nobody wants to be on the losing end of an insurance claim for $4000 so thanks for the due diligence. I can see in the pics that the boxes are completely thrashed and smashed. Unacceptable of course. Do you have pics of that box on the porch? To us, it Looks like the crushing force smashed everything onto itself causing all the damage to the calipers. The good news is that you are getting a whole new kit! I will personally look into the timing of your order.

It’s been 2 years since we began and we’ve resisted branching to other vehicles til we work the kinks out. We are still working on ourselves and one major issue has been worked out big time. I know some rumors are running and they’re probably true. Maybe. Either way I will be announcing a huge update to our wheels very soon. Op I’m sorry this happened we will help fix it soon enough. If anyone has questions about this or anything feel free to text or email. I’ll try to revisit this thread soon.

Bruce Criscuolo
SuperForged Wheels

Find us @superforged

View attachment 25530 View attachment 25531
Now that's a solid product! 1) When they respond quickly, and 2) when they send out replacements ASAP!

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions

Onto the packages….

View attachment 25530
View attachment 25531

View attachment 25532

Bruce Criscuolo
SuperForged Wheels

Find us @superforged

View attachment 25530 View attachment 25531
Nice to see the support Bruce! For the record, I was very impressed with the two boxes I received last year. Very well packed and protected and everything arrived in perfect shape.

Stuff happens unfortunately but it sounds like you are taking care of him. If he is half as stoked as I was once I installed them it will have been worth the wait!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Explorer ST Posts