Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New (used) Platinum owner

ctgblue1

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer Platinum
Just picked up a 2020 Platinum, found for $5k less than all the ST's around, so I could afford it. Have a 5 Star SCT tuner coming already (waited too long with my old F150).
Just realized this is Explorer number FIVE for me (96 ,01, 04, 10, now 20) so I must like them. If I'd have had a V8 and 4x4 in the 2010, I'd probably have driven the wheels off of it.
Some of the ST's I looked at seemed thrashed, whereas this one looked almost new, at 67k. Have a powertrain warranty to 200k and Jan 2030.
Will swap plugs soon and install tunes when they get here.
Bought this for the motor, wanted the 3.0 twin turbo.
We do a lot of off road driving, not crawling, but trails and fields, etc.. So I may swap the 21" wheels for 20" once these new tires wear out, and get some all terrains.
Had it a few weeks, trying to get used to all the "stuff" this thing has, and my old Jeep GC Trailhawk had a bunch too...
Gotta say, took an 800 mile trip and liked the Active Cruise. Also got about 24mpg, which is the highest I've gotten since my 2001 Exp Sport. Almost got another truck, but this was too nice to pass up.

Picked up Husky liner weather-beater mats throughout, we get muddy. Need some light duty seat covers and I'm done for a while.
Can't wait for the tuner.

Attachments

23 Explorer ST

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Just picked up a 2020 Platinum, found for $5k less than all the ST's around, so I could afford it. Have a 5 Star SCT tuner coming already (waited too long with my old F150).
Just realized this is Explorer number FIVE for me (96 ,01, 04, 10, now 20) so I must like them. If I'd have had a V8 and 4x4 in the 2010, I'd probably have driven the wheels off of it.
Some of the ST's I looked at seemed thrashed, whereas this one looked almost new, at 67k. Have a powertrain warranty to 200k and Jan 2030.
We do a lot of off road driving, not crawling, but trails and fields, etc.. So I may swap the 21" wheels for 20" once these new tires wear out, and get some all terrains.
Had it a few weeks, trying to get used to all the "stuff" this thing has, and my old Jeep GC Trailhawk had a bunch too...
Gotta say, took an 800 mile trip and liked the Active Cruise. Also got about 24mpg, which is the highest I've gotten since my 2001 Exp Sport. Almost got another truck, but this was too nice to pass up.

Picked up Husky liner weather-beater mats throughout, we get muddy. Need some light duty seat covers and I'm done for a while.
Congratulations!! Nice looking ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150

That is a nice look platinum! Welcome and congrats!

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

Welcome.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome

Reactions
Congrats and highly recommend adding a bigger intercooler especially with a tune. You will not regret it!