Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Noticeable Cold Start Vibration

DawgsOnTop

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
2 day new occurrence: after sitting all night upon startup the explorer has a noticeable vibration. Most of it seems to be felt through the steering wheel but it is noticeable throughout the drivers compartment. Vibration continues when I put the car in reverse and back out of my garage and turning the steering lock to lock does not alter it. Vibration still present as I shift from R to D, but as soon as the transmission begins the 1-2 shift in my driveway, it kinda shifts rougher than usual and then the vibration is immediately gone for the remainder of the time. It’s not what I’d call a “hard” shift but it’s definitely the hardest shift out of them.
Engine revs freely and responds quickly, vibration is present in park, reverse and, D-1 (momentarily). Vibration seems to be independent of engine speed as it does not change with rpms. Anyone else encounter this? 2020 ST with a touch under 45k miles. Bone stock.

OP
DawgsOnTop

DawgsOnTop

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Follow up: found the front passenger CV joint had a split boot and was binding from contamination/lack of grease. Replaced under warranty, no issues now.

Explorer ST Posts