Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Odd Sync Issue

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Greetings, On a number of occasions if my passenger opens their door before the driver I loose all functionality with the screen. Audio goes off and recently even the Nav was bricked. Anyone else noticed this? The only remedy I have found is to stop the car, turn it off and open the drivers door. After that you can start the car and all is well. At first I thought it was only when I was linked by Bluetooth to my phone however it does it without the phone.

I would add that it may only happen if the car is remotely started or already running.

Sorry, mine is 2022 Explorer ST.

Reactions
You can try a hard reset. Hold the radio power button & the forward track button at the sametime until you see the screen reboot. Hope that helps.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
You can try a hard reset. Hold the radio power button & the forward track button at the sametime until you see the screen reboot. Hope that helps.
That is a soft reset. To do a hard reset you need to go into the setting screen until you come to the one that says reset.
This doesn't hurt to try though.

@smenard415 do you know what SYNC version you are on? The newest one is 23188. 22251 caused a lot of issues.