Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

oil extractor recommendations

Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Explorer ST
I am trying to decide which oil extractor to get, and could use some advice.
  • Should I get the pneumatic/manual, or just the manual? I have an air compressor and I am reading the pneumatic is quicker.
  • Should I get one that evacuates and dispenses? Reviews from people that have one that dispenses say it makes it easier, and less messy, to dispense the used oil in a container.
  • Is 6.5 L sufficient, or should I get something in the 8 - 10 L range?
  • Which brand and specific extractor do you recommend based on your experience?
Apologies if this is the 1,000th post on this topic. I read through enough threads to convince me the extractor is the way to go, but it still leaves me with the above questions.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
OEM TOOLS 24938 9.5 Liter... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N7X4TP9?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I use this model for the engine oil and trans oil on my ST, as well as engine oil on my Mazda and Audi. I used to have a smaller extractor for my BMW but it is too small. You will extract 6L of engine oil so want an extractor that can do at least a little above that IMHO. Ive used the manual and pneumatic feature on this unit, and both work well. I keep it in the box it came with for storage but reinforce the bottom of the box with duct tape because of the oil.

Last edited: