Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Oil leaking from somewhere but not engine

Agat

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Here are some photos from underneath while vehicle was on a lift. I have an appointment next Monday. Earliest ford would take me. Any thoughts? 2020 ST.

Attachments

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Here are some photos from underneath while vehicle was on a lift. I have an appointment next Monday. Earliest ford would take me. Any thoughts? 2020 ST.
I can’t tell where that is. Just make sure your oil level is okay before you drive it. I personally wouldn’t drive it if possible.

OP
A

Agat

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Thread Starter #3
It’s definitely not coming from the engine. Confirmed not coming from the drain pan. And engine oil levels are good. Photo is taken from middle of vehicle and close to directly underneath the center console.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Transfer case maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
It’s definitely not coming from the engine. Confirmed not coming from the drain pan. And engine oil levels are good. Photo is taken from middle of vehicle and close to directly underneath the center console.
Has to be a seal leak with the transmission or transfer case.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
FADA (front axle disconnect actuator) leak. Covered under the powertrain warranty. They replaced the seal on mine (2020) not long ago at 28k miles. They noticed when I got an oil change and suggested I bring it back. A couple of weeks went by and one morning I spotted some oil on the ground. Took it in and they replaced the seal.