Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

OUCH!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
My mom backed into my ST today! I was pissed but I couldn't be mad at her, just that it happened. Thankfully her rear bumper is not a couple inches higher or it would have damaged the body as well. I told her not to worry about it and I'll just get it fixed so her insurance doesn't go up. How much do you think it will cost to replace these peices?
Hit1.jpg
Hit2.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I’m guessing you will be in it for approximately $450 if you are replacing it yourself. Tasca Ford had that lower bumper for $310.

Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
My mom backed into my ST today! I was pissed but I couldn't be mad at her, just that it happened. Thankfully her rear bumper is not a couple inches higher or it would have damaged the body as well. I told her not to worry about it and I'll just get it fixed so her insurance doesn't go up. How much do you think it will cost to replace these peices?
View attachment 25233
View attachment 25234
I think it’ll be just an easy take off put on work you can do yourself. Probably could get the bumper and trim piece of eBay for not that much.

OP
BrooseDaMoose
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
So far from what I have read, the whole bumper needs to come off. The bottom peice is held on by plastic rivets and it's near impossible to get them out with it on the vehicle. It can be done but it's just a lot harder. Unfortunately I no longer have a place or the ability to do this myself. Arthritis is a bitch when you get old! I'll be taking it in to a trusted body shop I've used for years. I'm guessing around $650-$750.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
i would extort mom for lasagna, fresh pound cake ,:love:

i would guess looking at parts as well, under 1k.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
How much do you think it will cost to replace these peices?
My guess is 1K at a shop. That's about what it ran to replace one on my Edge.

OP
BrooseDaMoose
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
Got an estimate and it’s $1,059 to repair using OEM parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I was close.

OP
BrooseDaMoose
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
Can someone help me confirm the correct part number for the lower piece. The number the shop came up with is LB5Z-17K835-BF but when I punch that in at the Levitown Ford site (or any Ford site) it says, "This doese not fit your vehicle". When I punch in my vehicle info from scratch and get the part number it comes up with LB5Z-17K835-GB. When I asked him about it he said it's because I have the tow package. Don't all ST's come with the tow package? I just don't want to order the wrong part! So if someone could double check for me I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The part number LB5Z-17K835-GB is correct for an ST. The other part number is for an Explorer without a tow package. Look up both parts and you can clearly see the difference.

OP
BrooseDaMoose
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #11
Thank you! That is exactly what I was coming up with. However, after adding them to my cart and calculating the shipping cost, it's going to be more than a $200 difference than what the shop is charging me for the parts! I'll have to try to convince him that he has the wrong part number and then just let him order the parts.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Show them the pics of each part. It’s pretty clear to me which part is correct. Maybe they didn’t realize you have an ST?

OP
BrooseDaMoose
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
He used my VIN to look it up. I was confused when he asked me if I had the tow package because I thought they all did. I think whatever software he was using to get the estimate got it wrong.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I believe all ST’s have a tow package. I’ve never seen one with out it.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
He used my VIN to look it up. I was confused when he asked me if I had the tow package because I thought they all did. I think whatever software he was using to get the estimate got it wrong.
My parts guy has run into similar issues with my Vin, as well.
The simple passenger door b pillar cover
It's same on all, but kept kicking it back if he used my Vin
When he used a vin off lot for king ranch
It csme up same number and ...detail stated it was for ....the ST.
Something is amiss in ford's system

OP
BrooseDaMoose
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16
It’s not Ford’s system. It was the software he was using. It’s called Mitchell Cloud Estimating. Ford told me the part would not fit my vehicle. I plugged in my VIN and it gave me the right part number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk