Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Passenger Front Axle boot leaking

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Hey everyone - Currently at 2900 miles and the front passenger axle boot is leaking, no other symptoms but the mechanic installing my exhaust sent me this picture last night. Other than having the dealer replace under warranty, what kind of aftermarket axles are you all running? I don’t need the 1000hp axles from Lethal Performance but looking for a step up to avoid the game of insanity and having to deal with this again. Car will make its way to 650whp by this time next year so i’d like a bit better replacement over OEM if possible.

Attachments

Reactions
Oem is all there is for the front. The upgraded axles on the market are for the rear.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Oem is all there is for the front. The upgraded axles on the market are for the rear.
I’m surprised they haven’t come out with a front upgrade. A lot of failures there could mean a lot of profit for them and an improvement for us.

Reactions
I’m surprised they haven’t come out with a front upgrade. A lot of failures there could mean a lot of profit for them and an improvement for us.
There’s not really been any axle failures. Just the boots.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
There’s not really been any axle failures. Just the boots.
True. Would there be any easy way to upgrade those boots are would it be impossible to develop an upgrade, if you could even upgrade a boot. I don’t know much about this.

Reactions
True. Would there be any easy way to upgrade those boots are would it be impossible to develop an upgrade, if you could even upgrade a boot. I don’t know much about this.
Honestly…axles are so damn cheap it’s easiest to just buy one and spend 30 minutes slapping it in.