Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Problem connecting Forscan when tuned.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I have used Forscan and Forscan Lite with my ST for years and never had a problem. I recently tried connecting using Forscan Lite and encountered the following error which can occur with full version of Forscan as well if you are tuned.

IMG_0179.jpeg

If you don't want to flash back to stock and then connect to save a vehicle profile, you can get the strategy name from the As-Built file you download form the Ford site. Here is the info you need. Worked like a charm. I tried entering the PCM p/n off the sticker but that didn't work.

My strategy was (using the info in the link):
LB5A-14C204-ATS

https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25727

Last edited:

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I've run into that issue, I just load the stock tune, do what I need to in forscan then put my tune back in, it's not that hard to do. It's not like I'm using forscan on a daily basis.

OP
C

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
I guess I use mine frequently. I run scans every so often and bring my OBDLink MX+ on trips. Sometimes I run service procedures like reseting trans adaptive tables or resetting modules that might be acting up. Not talking making config changes. No way am I flashing back to stock everytime I want to use Forscan or Forscan Lite.

Last edited:

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Why or what is causing resets of modules so often