Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Quality issues

Reactions
Vehicle
2024 ford Explorer st-line
Wondering if this is normal for a 24 st line to look like this underneath seats? It just got back from dealership due to a list of items and this was one of them they didn’t fix and said it was “the nature of the Explorer”. I previously had a 21 xlt that was better quality than what I’m in now.
All the wires and connectors under seat weren’t connected to the seat and on the floorboard. They supposedly fixed that but the carpet looking like this bothers me knowing it didn’t look like this in my previous Explorer that was a trim down.

Attachments

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I must admit that’s pretty rough for a $40,000 vehicle. Find the right person upstream at Ford and send them those pics. Let us know the outcome.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Welcome to the forum! That looks about normal to me. They just don't put the pride into anything nowadays.

OP
H

hthomas

Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
I must admit that’s pretty rough for a $40,000 vehicle. Find the right person upstream at Ford and send them those pics. Let us know the outcome.
Would that be Ford Customer Relations? 800-392-3673?
If so I called yesterday about the original issue I took to the dealership for (ticking or rattling noise that started at 3k miles when accelerating) and they said I could take it to a different dealership to get a different opinion and test drive other explorers to see if I hear the same noise. They documented and gave me a case number in case I need to call back. I just mentioned the noise to the representative though. I just feel like the dealership is pushing me out and saying it’s all normal because it’s not throwing codes or anything.

OP
H

hthomas

Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
Welcome to the forum! That looks about normal to me. They just don't put the pride into anything nowadays.
I can definitely agree with that! I loved the explorers or I wouldn’t have gotten another one after trading my 21. Just hate to see the quality go down this bad.

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Wondering if this is normal for a 24 st line to look like this underneath seats? It just got back from dealership due to a list of items and this was one of them they didn’t fix and said it was “the nature of the Explorer”. I previously had a 21 xlt that was better quality than what I’m in now.
All the wires and connectors under seat weren’t connected to the seat and on the floorboard. They supposedly fixed that but the carpet looking like this bothers me knowing it didn’t look like this in my previous Explorer that was a trim down.
That carpet looks really really bad. All the connectors and wires look fine, unfortunately they didn’t want to disguise them, but man that carpet must be rectified. Definitely not how mine is.