Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rear Swaybar upgrade options.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
How many aftermarket companies offer the performance upgrade rear swaybar?? I can only find steeda and aFe...are those the only options? And which offers the best flat cornering and planted grip? I plan on going to tail of the dragon rally and want to improve the handling on the curvy road. I just want to see all my options before buying. I already have the H&R springs

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
How many aftermarket companies offer the performance upgrade rear swaybar?? I can only find steeda and aFe...are those the only options? And which offers the best flat cornering and planted grip? I plan on going to tail of the dragon rally and want to improve the handling on the curvy road. I just want to see all my options before buying. I already have the H&R springs
I believe Lethal Performance also offers one but otherwise then that there is nothing more. They are all pretty equal as far as performance. I would not recommend the Steeda one though as a lot of people seem to have really bad rust problems with them.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Steeda and Afe. Also, the PIU rear sway bar is somewhere in-between the aftermarket and stock ST sway bars.

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
PIU rear sway is a great bang for the buck option.

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I’m running the Steeda bar in the middle hole and it works great. The car is planted with no issues. About those with rust/appearance issues, well I don’t know what to tell you…

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I’m running the Steeda bar in the middle hole and it works great. The car is planted with no issues. About those with rust/appearance issues, well I don’t know what to tell you…
Same here. Works great no rust!

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Steeda in the outer. Loved the improvement immediately. No rust issue on the bar but their rear springs don’t look so good after 24 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Steeda all the way, springs bar and subframe bushing kit. No rust no fuss. Can't comment on the Dragon Tail but very nice on the Blue Ridge and Skyline Parkway

Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Ford Explorer ST
Just installed the Steeda this week, unbelievable difference. Turn in with minimal body roll.

OP
Midnight
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #12
where I could find the specs , diameter of the PIU rear swaybar? I'm really curious now. I found a newer police interceptor being parted out and I might snag that rear bar to give it a try.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I have steeda bar on rear of my f150
Only issues after 3 months of rain and debris
Was originally shipped from steeda missing u bolt nuts. They sent them a few days later
Afyer a phone call.
I run the bar on middle hole
And struts could be shorter by 1 to 2 inches to stay level
My truck is 6100 lbs 4x4
It made world of difference
Price was insane
But looking now for one for the explorer

Reactions
where I could find the specs , diameter of the PIU rear swaybar? I'm really curious now. I found a newer police interceptor being parted out and I might snag that rear bar to give it a try.
It’s been posted here before…do a site search. IIRC it’s not much bigger…a few mm.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
ST is 21.7mm and Police is 23mm. Police is much heavier as EDWYER stated. I swapped and notice a minor improvement.