Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rear Tailgate 2021

Ticketgivr

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Hey everyone! Anyone ever have an issue with the rear tailgate not power opening by rear button or by foot intermittently? I did a little read up on it and if the vehicle has been sitting without moving the rear tailgate wont open, it will unlatch but not raise. I did a battery test and its "full" and the vehicle does drive almost every day. Just annoying and hate to tie it up at dealer if its something I can do.

Thanks for any ideas!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Hey I have the same issue right now but if lock the car on my fob and press the trunk release button in the car, the trunk opens. The trunk closes perfectly everytime through any button(trunk/inside/foot/Fob) so I’m wondering if it’s some sort of electrical issue.

I’ve tried taking out the fuses and re-installing but still no luck.

Protor

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST 2021
Hey, you have to programing rear tilgate. Close it by hand, close car by remove and open. It should be work

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Hey Protor,

so I open the trunk, close it manually by pulling the tailgate down.

Can you please confirm the next part “close car by remove and open”?

Thanks for the help!