Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Recal on 20-22 ST rear axle bolt

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
I have been getting the recalls in the mail for this rear axle bolt. I live in STFL and I've called plenty of ford dealerships. It's amazing how none of them have the special tool to take these bolts out. They say ford is making one specifically to this job and they all have no idea on how long until them get them.

Reactions
I have been getting the recalls in the mail for this rear axle bolt. I live in STFL and I've called plenty of ford dealerships. It's amazing how none of them have the special tool to take these bolts out. They say ford is making one specifically to this job and they all have no idea on how long until them get them.
I took my 21 in last week. They had it for 6 hours and put the new bushing and bolt in. They also dropped the rear differential cover to do the job so I got new fluid in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
W
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
Thread Starter #3
I took my 21 in last week. They had it for 6 hours and put the new bushing and bolt in. They also dropped the rear differential cover to do the job so I got new fluid in.

Do you live in south Florida? If so what dealer did dealer did you go to?

OP
W
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
Thread Starter #5
No I’m in northeast Georgia.

Well I'm glad to hear you got it fixed and they flushed the differential oil. I heard that's a pain because they have to move the exhaust or something

Reactions
Well I'm glad to hear you got it fixed and they flushed the trans oil. I heard that's a pain because they have to move the exhaust or something
No it was just the rear differential fluid. I asked them to flush the transmission fluid but they told me to wait until 60k.