Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Reflection in mirrors

1011hans

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Both outside mirrors reflect the AC vents off the dashboard. It goes away when windows are open. Is this a ford issue or aftermarket tinted windows causing this? I bought this 2023 used so I don't know if the windows have aftermarket tinting or not. Anybody else have this issue?

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Mine has normal tint and I have noticed the reflection
Go to a tint place have them look to see what's on it.
Should be a makers mark in a corner

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Not sure it's in the mirrors, but mine got tinted a couple weeks after I bought it, the reflection showed up immediately.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Both outside mirrors reflect the AC vents off the dashboard. It goes away when windows are open. Is this a ford issue or aftermarket tinted windows causing this? I bought this 2023 used so I don't know if the windows have aftermarket tinting or not. Anybody else have this issue?
Welcome to the forum.

OP

1011hans

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Mine has normal tint and I have noticed the reflection
Go to a tint place have them look to see what's on it.
Should be a makers mark in a corner
Ford emblem in corner of window, I assume thats factory?

BrooseDaMoose

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Welcome to the forum! If the front windows are as dark as the rear windows then they have been tinted. The front are a lot lighter from the factory. Most people will tint the windows so they all match.

OP

1011hans

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
Welcome to the forum! If the front windows are as dark as the rear windows then they have been tinted. The front are a lot lighter from the factory. Most people will tint the windows so they all match.
Front windows are not as dark as the back so this must be a Ford issue. I will pursue with the dealer next time I go in.

Explorer ST Posts