Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Requesting opinions regarding "service/maintenance" relationship

Vettfvr

Paramedic
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Purchased my 21 ST earlier in the year from a large, reputable, Buick dealership. Should I take the car to them for warranty service or should I establish myself with a Ford dealer, also large and reputable? Obviously, I guess I am asking because of the assumption the Ford dealer would be, by definition, more experienced with ST-related issues. Have I answered my own question?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I believe you have sir. Ford.

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Purchased my 21 ST earlier in the year from a large, reputable, Buick dealership. Should I take the car to them for warranty service or should I establish myself with a Ford dealer, also large and reputable? Obviously, I guess I am asking because of the assumption the Ford dealer would be, by definition, more experienced with ST-related issues. Have I answered my own question?
You have answered your own question.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
ps, dont ride oil to 10K, synthetic or not - that is crazy talk.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
did you buy a ford ESP when you picked up the 21
if not you can buy one from ziegler and a few others under used ford ESP, for very good prices
but a buick place looking after the st...nope

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just to add, I don’t think Ford allows non-Ford dealerships to do warranty work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Just to add, I don’t think Ford allows non-Ford dealerships to do warranty work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is true. Only Ford dealers can administrate Ford warranties work.

gafool25

U.S. Navy Veteran
EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
But the warrenty work takes a backseat to all others, they basically go through all the trouble to not do any work im guessing due to it will take them forever to get the money from ford? ive got mine in for the famous smoking issue, said its gonna take them a couple days before they can look at it casue they gotta send info to ford then look at it, then report issues to ford to see if ford will say yes do the work! yes warrenty work is good when its done but takes forever to get it going.

Explorer ST Posts