Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ripped seats

irmahb1

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ford explorer
So annoying nice new car and the front seats are already ripping insane …..

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Ripping? Pictures?

Reactions
I've already paid to get my re-stiched & it's ripping again. Got a new seat cover for under $200 which is way cheaper then the $360 I paid to repair it. I'll post some pic's tomorrow.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Do you have a P/N that you used for the cover? I'm thinking of getting a spare for the future.

I owned a SHO in the past and had the same issue they don't seem to hold up as well as cloth whether it be creasing, stretching or "Dents" all around 50k miles

Reactions
OK here are pics of my re-ripped driver seat & I also included some pics of the new seat cover in the box. Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer St
I have the same problem in that spot just noticed a few days ago. Was this covered under warranty? I have 300 miles until warranty runs out. I will be stopping by dealership today.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Gotta be just bad luck. I’ve spent 104K miles in the seat and weigh 290 lbs…seat still looks great.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer St
Unfortunately the ripped factory seats is under the 3 year 36000 mile warranty. Not the 5 year 60000 mile warranty. Talked to Bobby Tasca in RI which is is a highly respected Ford dealership and racing enthusiast in our area. Going to have it restiched.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer St
Nice to here from you Unbroken. Not sure if you have heard any feedback on another note about the K and N CAI. I will be installing this weekend and could give you some feedback.