Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rude Awakening On Rims Today!

OP
BrooseDaMoose
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Thread Starter #41
Yes, you did and yes, I do. I just forgot you posted it! I've looked at so many different rims and specs over the past several days I just forgot! Sorry man!

Reactions
Thanks for the suggestions! They both have some good looking wheel but nothing that I'm looking for. I put in my vehicle info at TSW and it came back saying they didn't have anything to fit it. But obviously they do because @ridered74 has some. The one rim I thought was ok at Aodhan only comes in a 19". I feel like I'm being forced into buying rims from Tire Rack! LOL!
I should have mentioned, not a direct fit, hubcentric rings were required. A lot of mustang wheels will fit with rings, just make sure you check the load rating of the wheels so they are stout enough to support our heavy girls.

OP
BrooseDaMoose
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Thread Starter #43
I should have mentioned, not a direct fit, hubcentric rings were required. A lot of mustang wheels will fit with rings, just make sure you check the load rating of the wheels so they are stout enough to support our heavy girls.
I would prefer to have wheels that fit without rings. Just having a hard time finding some that I like and don't require taking out a reverse mortgage!

Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
I would prefer to have wheels that fit without rings. Just having a hard time finding some that I like and don't require taking out a reverse mortgage!
Hub rings are perfectly fine to use, as long as they’re not too big.

Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
@BrooseDaMoose, I'd pass on the rings given the choice too. A wheel that fits your vehicle from the get-go is the way to go.

Centering rings exist so that wheels have a more universal application (hub or lug centric), and for no other reason.

They are another component that adds to the potential of stacking tolerances. While the rings work most of the time, I've seen many wheel adjustments (read as: refunds/replacements) while in the automotive business due to the inability to provide an acceptable ride.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Mine is a +25 offset on a 10.5" wheel with 285 tires. I'm going to run 305's next time around and I think I'll be fine.

Offset.jpg Wheels.jpg

Reactions
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
No way that’s +25 on a 10.5 wheel. Post the wheel model.
These are Verde Incise wheels. I still have the boxes for these in my shop. I need to check them. I thought they said +25. So these are probably +35? Verde does a +25, +35 and +45 in this wheel. Would love to sound more confident and educated in all of this but I had my tire shop order and install these.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
These are Verde Incise wheels. I still have the boxes for these in my shop. I need to check them. I thought they said +25. So these are probably +35? Verde does a +25, +35 and +45 in this wheel. Would love to sound more confident and educated in all of this but I had my tire shop order and install these.
If I were guessing I’d say that’s the 45.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
If I were guessing I’d say that’s the 45.
That's probably not good if I want to run a 305 tire next time around. I need to get underneath this thing and check clearances.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
That's probably not good if I want to run a 305 tire next time around. I need to get underneath this thing and check clearances.
The back won’t have any issues. Check the tire to strut body clearance up front though. That’s gonna be real close.

Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Usually wheel specs like offset are on the inside rim edge of the wheel. Could find the offset there maybe.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Usually wheel specs like offset are on the inside rim edge of the wheel. Could find the offset there maybe.
Going to look for this next time I rotate them.