Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Running E30 with no ethanol sensor

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hey,

Can anyone using an ethanol sensor confirm the average amount of ethanol they put in per full tank to get to E30?

I have the GearHead AO tune I have been using the e85 calculator app and it says 5.33 gallons of e85 per tank. BUT that is assuming 85% ethanol in the pump. I doubt it’s anywhere near 85% so I wanted to see if anyone who actually uses a sensor can shed some light on this.

I know the 5.33 is a “safe” number, but I’m sure it can take more, after reading the average e85 pump has anywhere between 51% - 83% ethanol.

Anyone with insight?

Attachments

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Use an app to calculate the blend and use a test kit to find out what the station has. The 2 stations I use are the same company and their stuff tested between 80-85 every time I tested it…so I just don’t test it anymore.
You don’t have to be spot on 30…or 50 if you get a tune for that. Just test and blend until you get comfortable…after a few months you’ll realize close enough is close enough and you won’t worry about it anymore.