Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Smoking on startup after sitting

gafool25

U.S. Navy Veteran
EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
So I now see on my ford app they have changed my oil without my permission? And they say they can’t replicate the smoking? It’s ok I have the video in their parking lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So after a quick phone call from service manager saying they bore scooped my engine... that was all she said! so i called back and asked what the deal was and what is going on i get told they are ordering a new engine! i get a call today from same service manager saying they found issues in cyl 2 and a new engie was ordered and will be in by monday and should not take long to get vehicle back, well i hope they dont rush it and mess something else up? but then again go ahead its on fords dime! so those that care or are bored and want to know there it is my 26k 2023 expst will be getting a new engine!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer Platinum
UPDATE: both turbos were replaced under warranty. I'm supposed to pick it up today.

gafool25

U.S. Navy Veteran
EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
Well after almost a month, i got a whole new engine! and and... two new rear shocks! after i was called to come and pick it up i took it for a little test drive and noticed when i went over a bump or the speed humps in the parking lot that was a lound clunking noise, so i told them and a tech rode with me and heard the same thing, so it stayed and got two new rear shocks, drives fine now just gotta do a break in like it did when i first got it, 1000 miles, man it seems some of us got good expst and others didnt! hope they fix the issues in the 25s? its sucks ya pay all this money for a performance vehicle and the engine goes out mine failed at 25k! and the shocks leaked, ok well good luck to those who havent had any issues.