Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST Nameplate on front Grill

Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Ford Explorer ST
Greetings fellow Explorer ST Owners. I purchased a new 2024 Explorer ST in Carbonized Gray Metallic with Ebony Leather Interior in March. It has the 3.0L EcoBoost --Twin Turbo....no problem at all merging on freeways !
I was hand washing it this week getting some bugs off the front grill and the washing mitt may have caught the bottom of the "ST" nameplate and broke off the bottom and it come off in my washing mitt. I used some super glue on it for the time being but would like to replace it. I don't think the Warranty will cover it ? Any good recommendations on where to purchase one. The dealership wants nearly $27 not counting shipping

Attachments

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Greetings fellow Explorer ST Owners. I purchased a new 2024 Explorer ST in Carbonized Gray Metallic with Ebony Leather Interior in March. It has the 3.0L EcoBoost --Twin Turbo....no problem at all merging on freeways !
I was hand washing it this week getting some bugs off the front grill and the washing mitt may have caught the bottom of the "ST" nameplate and broke off the bottom and it come off in my washing mitt. I used some super glue on it for the time being but would like to replace it. I don't think the Warranty will cover it ? Any good recommendations on where to purchase one. The dealership wants nearly $27 not counting shipping
Yah warranty won’t cover that. Kind of an off part to find but maybe some people who have swapped their symbols could help you out. A WTB post in the classifieds section might yield some solutions. Otherwise, might just have to pay dealer.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Another option is to take the ST SUV Experience that comes with your Explorer ST as an original owner. They give you two black OEM ST badges for the front and back of your Explorer. The reason they are black is to signify that you completed the program. It’s a blast. I have done it twice in Asheville NC for my Explorer ST and my wife’s Edge ST. www.stsuvexperience.com

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
My new 23. The grill right next to st was not seated correctly when built and the corner stuck out.
I guess they half asssed it at build
It took alot to get it back place
But I complained at my dealer about how it looked AFU and was not acceptable
They orderd a new grill
The old one was damaged . In the back
I would try the maybe broken at build and see if they will get a new one
My badge sits pretty flush

OP
S
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Yah warranty won’t cover that. Kind of an off part to find but maybe some people who have swapped their symbols could help you out. A WTB post in the classifieds section might yield some solutions. Otherwise, might just have to pay dealer.
Thanks for your feedback. In the grand scheme of things, I guess $25--$30 isn't much compared to the actual cost of the vehicle. My guess is that it wasn't placed on it's pad properly and a portion of the bottom "S" stuck out and my mitt caught it. I think it is held on grill with a peel off foam rubber type tape.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
My grill lower corner was clearly not installed correctly. Ot poked out and caught my hand when I first washed it.
If it's new.. work tye system and see if can be replaced as warranty etc
No reason for half assss build

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Thanks for your feedback. In the grand scheme of things, I guess $25--$30 isn't much compared to the actual cost of the vehicle. My guess is that it wasn't placed on it's pad properly and a portion of the bottom "S" stuck out and my mitt caught it. I think it is held on grill with a peel off foam rubber type tape.
I believe it is just some double sided tape holding it on. I know I have to be careful as my microfibers also love catching on the emblems. Also, I wouldn’t keep that super glue that you used on there because it might take some paint off when you remove it. I would just remove the ST symbol for now as I wouldn’t want that super glue on there.