Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST Puddle Light - Fell Off

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Has anyone ever had their puddle light fall out and dangle by the wire? As I was driving yesterday on the highway, suddenly out of the corner of my eye I saw something dangling under the mirror. When I got home I popped it back in, but, it's very loose. Looking at pictures online, it looks like the clip is broken. I have a 2020 ST that I purchased used last year w/16k miles, and have put on 16k miles since then, and out of the blue this happened.

I looked up prices online, and it looks like it is a $70 part and easy to swap. Just curious if this is a common thing or just a freak incident. Had someone at work check the cameras to see if anyone was messing with it and no one was by my vehicle.

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Definitely not common, I for one haven’t seen it happen before.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Does it still work? If it does just pull it out, put a small amount of clear silicon around the clip and put it back in. Once it dries, it will stay put until you remove it. The silicon is strong enough to hold it in place for eternity, but no so strong that you can't remove it if it dies.

OP
E
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Does it still work? If it does just pull it out, put a small amount of clear silicon around the clip and put it back in. Once it dries, it will stay put until you remove it. The silicon is strong enough to hold it in place for eternity, but no so strong that you can't remove it if it dies.
Yup, still works. Oddly enough, yesterday i remember the piece being loose, and today when I went to go mess with it, it's solid in place. I'm leaving it alone until it pops out again, if it does, i have clear silicon I can put on lol. Thanks!

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Yes. I popped it back in

Explorer ST Posts