Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Start/Stop Eliminator in 2025 ST

Reactions
Just an FYI - I took my start/stop eliminator out of my 2022 ST and put it in my 2025 ST. While it assembled in the same place on the 25' as it did in the 22', it does not do anything in the 2025. Currently in the 25' you need to physically push the button in the vehicle after every ingnition start to shut this off.

Hopefully a version for the 25's comes out soon.

Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Just an FYI - I took my start/stop eliminator out of my 2022 ST and put it in my 2025 ST. While it assembled in the same place on the 25' as it did in the 22', it does not do anything in the 2025. Currently in the 25' you need to physically push the button in the vehicle after every ingnition start to shut this off.

Hopefully a version for the 25's comes out soon.
You’re telling me you have to spend one second pushing the button?! Just joking. Very interesting that it doesn’t work for the newer cars, good to know.

Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST 400a
Manufacturer is coming out with one for the 2025 in October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
You’re telling me you have to spend one second pushing the button?! Just joking. Very interesting that it doesn’t work for the newer cars, good to know.
You are right and I can't be too butt hurt about that, it isn't hard to just press the button!

Offering, or putting the start/stop, on or off button, in the vehicles isn't much of a complaint by anyone. The fact that it won't remember the off status between ignition starts is what pisses me and lots of others off! Everything else is made to remember its previous status between ignition starts but they intentionally made this button function as it does.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I kept the AS eliminator out of my 21 and put it in my 23 with no issues, but the 21's and 23's are basically the same.

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
If anyone is interested in the current one I have for a 2024 and earlier, I will sell it for $55.

Reactions
Vehicle
You are right and I can't be too butt hurt about that, it isn't hard to just press the button!

Offering, or putting the start/stop, on or off button, in the vehicles isn't much of a complaint by anyone. The fact that it won't remember the off status between ignition starts is what pisses me and lots of others off! Everything else is made to remember its previous status between ignition starts but they intentionally made this button function as it does.
The reason why the Auto Start Stop doesn't remember your most previous setting, just like drive modes, is because the EPA rated the gas mileage with Normal Mode and Auto Start Stop on, that's the explanation I got from Ford. By law the drive mode and ASS has to default to Normal and on.

hbalek

Reactions
The reason why the Auto Start Stop doesn't remember your most previous setting, just like drive modes, is because the EPA rated the gas mileage with Normal Mode and Auto Start Stop on, that's the explanation I got from Ford. By law the drive mode and ASS has to default to Normal and on.
How do they explain other brands especially the Germans ASS can be turned off and stays off after restarting. Why is Ford different?

Reactions
Vehicle
How do they explain other brands especially the Germans ASS can be turned off and stays off after restarting. Why is Ford different?
Couldn’t tell you. That’s just what they told me.