Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Stock CAI

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Is the stock CAI that restrictive? I was looking at the S&B but needed to justify the cost/advantage.
At this point, visually the DPs are the only mod giveaway.
Maybe the OEM's not so much restrictive in stock form but with the mods I have made, maybe a good idea?
Thanks for your thoughts!

93DMS Tune
CVFab IC
CVFab DPs
CRP Stage 5 Turbos
Revised 93DMS
E30 Specific Tune

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Is the stock CAI that restrictive? I was looking at the S&B but needed to justify the cost/advantage.
At this point, visually the DPs are the only mod giveaway.
Maybe the OEM's not so much restrictive in stock form but with the mods I have made, maybe a good idea?
Thanks for your thoughts!

93DMS Tune
CVFab IC
CVFab DPs
CRP Stage 5 Turbos
Revised 93DMS
E30 Specific Tune
The stock exhaust nor the intake are restrictive for stock turbos and you wouldn’t see any gains with that. If you’re upgrading turbos then you might see some worthwhile gains. It probably doesn’t hurt, and Adam could probably dial in the intake more with the upgraded turbos. I would do it.

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Also, you’re going to want to get a built transmission because Adam probably is going to limit torque so that you won’t destroy your transmission, making these little mods irrelevant.

OP
Suprawill1
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Also, you’re going to want to get a built transmission because Adam probably is going to limit torque so that you won’t destroy your transmission, making these little mods irrelevant.
Thanks for the reply! I concur with your assessment with the stock turbo scenario.

At this point I'm not equipped to upgrade the tranny. I had looked into either a Level 42 build or a 10R80 swap. Just not in the play kitty yet. :)

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thanks for the reply! I concur with your assessment with the stock turbo scenario.

At this point I'm not equipped to upgrade the tranny. I had looked into either a Level 42 build or a 10R80 swap. Just not in the play kitty yet. :)
Be wary of anyone quoting you a 10R80 swap…there’s none on the street actually working yet. And if you want the 60 built you want RSA out of Florida.

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor

RSA is the best place to get your tranny done. Honestly, I’d just save up the $4k to get the tranny built before any more mods happen. I never know why people want to do the 10r80 swap when the 10r60 can be built to handle more then enough.

OP
Suprawill1
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
Be wary of anyone quoting you a 10R80 swap…there’s none on the street actually working yet. And if you want the 60 built you want RSA out of Florida.
Haven't gotten any quotes on a swap, just happened to see that one of the techs at EMS is working on one. I'll have to check out RSA. Hadn't heard of them yet.

OP
Suprawill1
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
RSA is the best place to get your tranny done. Honestly, I’d just save up the $4k to get the tranny built before any more mods happen. I never know why people want to do the 10r80 swap when the 10r60 can be built to handle more then enough.
Right? Actually, not planning any more mods. This is as far as I'm taking it. Still want to take preventative measure as funds permit.
Also, I have to consider down time and travel being that they're located in Fla. This is the daily driver and the only other option is to find a used/recycled 60 and have that built and shipped back.

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Haven't gotten any quotes on a swap, just happened to see that one of the techs at EMS is working on one. I'll have to check out RSA. Hadn't heard of them yet.
RSA holds the record for the Explorer ST. They’ve achieved low 10 second quarter miles.

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Right? Actually, not planning any more mods. This is as far as I'm taking it. Still want to take preventative measure as funds permit.
Also, I have to consider down time and travel being that they're located in Fla. This is the daily driver and the only other option is to find a used/recycled 60 and have that built and shipped back.
That’s what I would do. You can find them cheap enough I think.