Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Strange front-end ST issues.

nascarj

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hi,

I have a 2020 ST and been having some issues with it. Sometimes when parking and reaching full steering lock (wheel rotated fully rotated i.e. when parking) There's a noise coming from the front-end, almost like a loud popping noise and I have to back out of parking. Once this happens, pressing the accelerator is almost like it doesn't want to move and sounds like something is grinding. It's kind of hard to explain fully sorry. I'm also getting random 4WD faults and Service Advance Trac faults when driving. Within the last week or so I took it in and found out that two of the axles, axle boots were busted.

Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone with a ST?

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Hi,

I have a 2020 ST and been having some issues with it. Sometimes when parking and reaching full steering lock (wheel rotated fully rotated i.e. when parking) There's a noise coming from the front-end, almost like a loud popping noise and I have to back out of parking. Once this happens, pressing the accelerator is almost like it doesn't want to move and sounds like something is grinding. It's kind of hard to explain fully sorry. I'm also getting random 4WD faults and Service Advance Trac faults when driving. Within the last week or so I took it in and found out that two of the axles, axle boots were busted.

Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone with a ST?
Axle boot tears on the front CVs are very common on this platform. You’ll have to replace the fronts. Nothing else we can really tell you.

Explorer ST Posts