Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Strut Brace

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hi All,
If someone can completely convince me that the strut brace on this ST is merely for looks and has no contributing stabilization, I'm going to remove it. It's just a major hindrance whenever I need to perform any engine work. From what I've read here on the forum, even a stiffer replacement is just for looks.

Thanks.

Jetiemann

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
From what I understand, the strut brace helps, but a stronger brace doesn't seem to improve anything over the factory brace.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Look under the plastic cowl panel…you’ll see the tubular bracing between the cowl and strut towers…that combined with the way the strut towers are such a huge part of the subframe is where all the work is done. That’s why the oem bar is just a stamped piece…it’s just there for the illusion. Take yours off…you’ll never notice the difference.

OP
Suprawill1
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the hits! It'll be off next opportunity.

On another note, is the stock CAI that restrictive? I was looking at the S&B but needed to justify the cost/advantage.
Maybe not so much in stock form but with the mods I have made, maybe a good idea?

93DMS Tune
CVFab IC
CVFab DPs
CRP Stage 5 Turbos
Revised 93DMS
E30 Specific Tune