Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Timberline skid plate being shipped

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I got an email from ford performance yesterday and the skid plate kit is back in stock so I ordered it with points and being shipped next week. I’ll install it when I do my first oil change I guess. I only had to pay $10.65 for shipping the park was $165 but the points covered that.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
I got an email from ford performance yesterday and the skid plate kit is back in stock so I ordered it with points and being shipped next week. I’ll install it when I do my first oil change I guess. I only had to pay $10.65 for shipping the park was $165 but the points covered that.
The skid plate is very sturdy, unfortunately mine didn’t fit with my PPE transpan, so I have an expensive paperweight lol.

StarWhite22

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
So I just placed another order for one a couple months ago and have been waiting for it to ship or get a notice or something. Well today I got an email saying my order was cancelled. No other information just that ford cancelled the order. Who knows.

OP
U
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Mine said it was going to ship and never did. Order was cancelled. I placed another order. Also no communication from Ford at all, nor an explanation

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Mine was cancelled last week, again.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Over 3 weeks waiting on mine from ford
A 3rd party vendor has some
But his shipping is asinine imo
Ford is free and Lower price for same item

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I ordered one from Levittown almost 3 months ago, nothing yet.

OP
U
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
Ford parts really sucks

Reactions
45 days, still waiting. Tindol Ford in Gastonia NC is a FPP dealer but is at FPP's mercy. Good guys there keeping me informed. FPP should be able to stamp these out by the thousands

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
Ford store should really put up the 6-8 week lead time like levittown does.

Reactions
My April order was cancelled June 11th

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Got a ship notice from Levittown from an order I placed back in April. Fingers crossed.

Also saw Lethal Performance post on the ExplorerST FB page that the skid plates are back in stock.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
The price on these have gone up to $250 from $165 on Ford's website.

My first 3 times trying to order this were canceled without notice. Trying again using points.

Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Ford Explorer ST
The price on these have gone up to $250 from $165 on Ford's website.

My first 3 times trying to order this were canceled without notice. Trying again using points.

I ordered from Lethal Performance this morning for just under $200 and it shipped today. The shipping is a little high, but considering the hiking of the price by FP it still is cheaper. When I talked to them on the phone, they said they had plenty (no exact number given).

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I ordered one from Ford yesterday for $165 and had it shipped to my dealer, so no freight. Got a confirmation email and not an immediate cancelation. I wouldn't bet on it, the jury's out, we'll see how it goes.

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford
I just received my skid plate from Levittown Ford. I ordered on January 25th , total cost 173.50.

Sent from my SM-T307U using Tapatalk

Reactions
Picked mine up from Tindol Ford in Gastonia NC yesterday. Originally ordered from FP with points.but .gave up on them and went local. 165.00 shipped to the dealer. They called me the day it arrived. Took about a month and a half. I even got an apology it took so long. Plate is more stout than I expected.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Ordered from ford performance last Oct. and they cancelled it in Dec no notice. Ordered from Levittown in Jan. then I cancelled in Apr. Ordered from ford performance in early Jun and it was delivered yesterday!
I called ford performance 1.5 weeks ago, they answered the phone promptly, opened a case number, said someone would call me back, they never did, but maybe that got something 'unstuck'.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
After three cancelled orders (one announced, the other two not), I also finally received a skid plate from Ford Performance on my fourth attempt which was placed back in May. Of course there was no notice that anything had shipped and came home to find the box on the front porch.