Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Tire fitting question

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Would replacing the stocks (275/45/21) be possible to replace with a 275/50/21? Or would spacers need to be added to fit? Wasn’t sure if they would rub or not! Thank you!

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Would replacing the stocks (275/45/21) be possible to replace with a 275/50/21? Or would spacers need to be added to fit? Wasn’t sure if they would rub or not! Thank you!
You already have another thread going on about this where you just asked the same question. Common forum courtesy is not double posting so much. Like I said your other thread, it’sa sold maybe, I haven’t seen other people do it before. I don’t think it’ll work because that’s over .5 in taller then stock tires.

OP
C
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
You already have another thread going on about this where you just asked the same question. Common forum courtesy is not double posting so much. Like I said your other thread, it's sold maybe, I haven’t seen other people do it before. I don’t think it’ll work because that’s over .5 in taller then stock tires.
This question was different the other question was regarding 265-40-21's. This post is regarding 275-50-21's. I'm stuck between 2 sets that are available and witch one would be better fitment wise. apologize for "double-posting" questions that i need genuine answers too.

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Might be okay, but just wouldn't look right as they would be too tall. If they make like a 265/50 it would fit, but then be too narrow.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
This question was different the other question was regarding 265-40-21's. This post is regarding 275-50-21's. I'm stuck between 2 sets that are available and witch one would be better fitment wise. apologize for "double-posting" questions that i need genuine answers too.
It’s ok to ask more than one question in your threads. As pointed out already…multiple threads are a faux pas and will likely get you fewer replies.

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
All I was saying is you had one post that a few knowledgeable people replied and were following on and when you post another thread altogether you might get fewer replies. I do hope you find your answer, I just don’t understand why it seems like your avoiding stock size are anything else other people have ran that are a better fit.

OP
C
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
Honestly that’s my bad I see what you mean now. Only reason I’m avoiding stock sizes is because both sizes I asked about are listed near me for $300 with 10/32nd tread and no patch or plugs so wanting to save $1500! Sorry for being so bothersome but do appreciate your input!

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Honestly that’s my bad I see what you mean now. Only reason I’m avoiding stock sizes is because both sizes I asked about are listed near me for $300 with 10/32nd tread and no patch or plugs so wanting to save $1500! Sorry for being so bothersome but do appreciate your input!
Hey my first post on my first forum are “what mods won’t void warranty” you’ll get the experience just giving you a few forum lessons, I charge $100 an hour :) . Totally get the price point thing, tires are so dang expensive. That’s why Lionhearts and Lexanis are so popular, and they do perform great for the price. Honestly the best thing to do is sell your current rims and get some 20s or 22s where you can find a lot more readily available tires for a cheaper price.

OP
C
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #9
Hey my first post on my first forum are “what mods won’t void warranty” you’ll get the experience just giving you a few forum lessons, I charge $100 an hour :) . Totally get the price point thing, tires are so dang expensive. That’s why Lionhearts and Lexanis are so popular, and they do perform great for the price. Honestly the best thing to do is sell your current rims and get some 20s or 22s where you can find a lot more readily available tires for a cheaper price.
Update ; the 275/50/21s fit with no problem or spacers! Drive super smooth and look great thanks for your info and help good sir! Just wanted to update ya ! Paid $250 for all and 100 install, all 4 are less than 100 miles! They are silent compared to the stock pirellis!

Attachments