Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Trans Oil Cooler

Suprawill1

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hi All,
Have any of you replaced this? Mine is leaking. I'd do it myself but again, I have neither the place or lift.
Freakin' stealership wants north of $800 to replace. I just bought one for less than $130. They want $305!
So Ford and another place I searched want $500 labor. I just saw a guy on youtube replace one in 20 minutes.
It's just 3 small bolts and 2 line hoses. Am I going crazy here or do these people think we're all blind, deaf and dumb?
I finally found a shop that will do it for $175 labor. Your thoughts?

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Hi All,
Have any of you replaced this? Mine is leaking. I'd do it myself but again, I have neither the place or lift.
Freakin' stealership wants north of $800 to replace. I just bought one for less than $130. They want $305!
So Ford and another place I searched want $500 labor. I just saw a guy on youtube replace one in 20 minutes.
It's just 3 small bolts and 2 line hoses. Am I going crazy here or do these people think we're all blind, deaf and dumb?
I finally found a shop that will do it for $175 labor. Your thoughts?
As long as that shop has a good reputation and is certified I’d save the money and go with them. It’s imperative that they are good though.

OP
Suprawill1

Suprawill1

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
As long as that shop has a good reputation and is certified I’d save the money and go with them. It’s imperative that they are good though.
Thanks for the hit.
This shop is def certified. They installed the Stage 5 turbos and DPs.

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Thanks for the hit.
This shop is def certified. They installed the Stage 5 turbos and DPs.
Well then that is a no brainer then.

OP
Suprawill1

Suprawill1

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Well then that is a no brainer then.
Yes, as far as that's concerned but I was also looking for a price and experience comparison to make sure I'm on the right track in that regard.

Explorer ST Posts