Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Trans Temp Gauge

Reactions
will post a picture of how i mounted mine , please check with banks before you buy i was going with banks but no trans temp on it......
Well that sucks.. I already ordered it. I mainly want to track boost, trans. temp, and intake temp. . I tried an AFE monitor in my 22' ST and it wouldn't show a trans temp either. The AFE monitor screen was the WORST. It froze up all the time or needed to be refreshed all the time. I even sent it back and ordered a replacement and the replacement worked the same way. They were both complete garbage. I will plug in and play with the iDash for a little while before I put holes in my A-pillar trim panel and mount it. If it sucks, I will send it back.

RAYJAY

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 explorer limited
here is mine going to wrap or paint the fake carbon fiber is not for me .... 20240818_172950.jpg

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
here is mine going to wrap or paint the fake carbon fiber is not for me .... View attachment 24610
Not picking...just observing
That's a big circle for such a small display
They could have fitted that on the rear view mirror..companies must think we have a complex about gauges..
They are missing the idea
That's what burns me. The info is available to put in the digital IP. Freaking hell .at least in tow or sport mode..
We want information but dam not looking like wart
Yes I would wrap or paint

Reactions
The Banks iDash is installed in the 25' ST. It looks good and I really like the mount I chose. Sadly. I havent found trans. temp. in the gauge display options at least yet..

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Trans temp is available without the idash.

Reactions
I haven't driven it yet to see if it exists beyond tow mode like my previous 22' ST had.. Is it in other drive modes on the 25'?

Last edited:

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
sort of, its like the eng temp gauge they present, its just a swing with no numbers
sport and tow haul should be by default a trans, eng and boost in numerical form,
imo. maybe my f series trucks have spoiled me a bit

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Only on tow haul mode and it’s just a gauge. Not an actual temperature.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I haven't driven it yet to see if it exists beyond tow mode like my previous 22' ST had.. Is it in other drive modes on the 25'?
The option is in your configurable 'My view' from your right hand steering wheel menu.

Attachments

Reactions
The option is in your configurable 'My view' from your right hand steering wheel menu.
Oh wow! That's awesome, thank you. I am going to check this out.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
sort of, its like the eng temp gauge they present, its just a swing with no numbers
sport and tow haul should be by default a trans, eng and boost in numerical form,
imo. maybe my f series trucks have spoiled me a bit
I do agree that minimally we should have the same gauge options as the F150.
Is it possible they could release more gauge options with updates down the road? Is that a thing...maybe?

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I do agree that minimally we should have the same gauge options as the F150.
Is it possible they could release more gauge options with updates down the road? Is that a thing...maybe?
Sadly I doubt it
Funny thing is the info is there already
But IPC is not configured or programed

Reactions
I did find this as you relayed. I'll deffinately take the trans. temp bar graph over not having anything at all displaying trans temp. Thanks again for showing me this.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
No problem at all. Happy to help.
I agree, the bar is not very elegant, but it is something.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
The Car Scanner ELM OBD2 has transmission temp. I haven't messed with the app much so I haven't figured out how to scale the gauges so 100 degrees is not the max.

Screenshot_20240831_180744.jpg Screenshot_20240831_180809.jpg

OP
Suprawill1

Suprawill1

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #37
Ended up getting this. Does everything including all data display coming from the ECU and transmission computer. Of course, DTC, explanation of codes, remedies etc. It auto detects VIN so it is model specific for exact features and sensors. A good deal + for 103 out the door.
I now have real time trans fluid temp display.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D7VZLY3W?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
The app I use updated and AA support was added. It doesn't show the gauges, just the text.

20240909_174335.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
What app is this and how is it applied?
Car Scanner ELM OBD2, though I'm not sure if there are any features behind a paywall. On Google Play it says "No ads or in-app purchases with your Play Pass subscription", I have Play Pass for free with my Verizon Wireless account, and on my phone the app is Car Scanner Pro when I open it. Otherwise, you just need a BT OBDII adapter and have your phone connected to both that and Android Auto. I just noticed today it was added as an available app.

Explorer ST Posts