Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Updated FORScan sheet for 2020+ Ford Explorer (All Trims)

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Bluetooth connection to vehicle for forscan is not best route.
To many things can screw it up
Spend the little dollar and get an odx cable
Faster, and more dependable
Goodyou figured it out

shadow8137

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 PIU
I have FORScan v2.3.62 and a 2020 Police Interceptor PIU and have lost the 3 bottom fobs. This has the non-chipped key and basic fob. Don't I see the 48-code option in my FORScan? I have to be missing something!!

djsparxlv

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Is there any setting to have the car "remember" the transmission mode after shutdown? If I am in sport mode, is there a setting to make it start back up in sport mode?

djsparxlv

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Oh, also, I did find a setting that kept the air recirculation "on" after turning it on. It doesn't do the auto off thing. Now I just have to remember where it was.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I have FORScan v2.3.62 and a 2020 Police Interceptor PIU and have lost the 3 bottom fobs. This has the non-chipped key and basic fob. Don't I see the 48-code option in my FORScan? I have to be missing something!!
you may need to go to the forscan forum and ask them to help with your vin
or a special write as it were

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Is there any setting to have the car "remember" the transmission mode after shutdown? If I am in sport mode, is there a setting to make it start back up in sport mode?
no
it will ask sometimes to stay in what ever mode outside of normal, i have seen ours do it for eco mode but by default the revert to normal is hmmm normal
my f150 will ask at each key cycle to run if you have it in anything but normal, which is dumb if your in tow haul with a trailer connected
sometimes it stays in tow haul and other times it does not
i think this is an over all ford issue
my super duty did the same thing

BrooseDaMoose

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
No, many of us wish that were possible.

Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Ford Explorer ST
Oh, also, I did find a setting that kept the air recirculation "on" after turning it on. It doesn't do the auto off thing. Now I just have to remember where it was.
Please find it. :) :)

OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #29
It won't be possible. Most of us have been looking for it since 2021 (including the F-150s), so far nothing.

—Edit, this is for sport mode screen after startup.

Last edited:

djsparxlv

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
It won't be possible. Most of us have been looking for it since 2021 (including the F-150s), so far nothing.
No, I found a setting and my recirculation button stays on after I turn it on.

OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #32
No, I found a setting and my recirculation button stays on after I turn it on.
My comment was not for recirculation button. It’s for the comment before mine due to staying in Sport mode or any other mode than Normal for the screen after start up. If there’s any confusion, my apologies!

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Ive never heard of the vehicle itself defaulting to Sport mode. However, it can be done electronically with an added-on circuit to pulse the switch circuit after startup. It requires a timer and a one-shot. The timer delays the pulse for ever how long to allow time for the car to bootup, then the one-shot pulses the mode circuit.
I think it was on the Focus RS(2016-2018) forum.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Ive never heard of the vehicle itself defaulting to Sport mode. However, it can be done electronically with an added-on circuit to pulse the switch circuit after startup. It requires a timer and a one-shot. The timer delays the pulse for ever how long to allow time for the car to bootup, then the one-shot pulses the mode circuit.
I think it was on the Focus RS(2016-2018) forum.
Consider us lucky the government has made eco mode the default