Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Waiting for tuuuune

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
This is just a post wherein I will whine because I was waiting on my tune and it came in on the one day that I can't toss my ZFG base tune on yet because my wife is taking the truck. :cry:
I'll be biting at the bit waiting til she gets back to go do my upload n pull! haha

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
This is just a post wherein I will whine because I was waiting on my tune and it came in on the one day that I can't toss my ZFG base tune on yet because my wife is taking the truck. :cry:
I'll be biting at the bit waiting til she gets back to go do my upload n pull! haha
Two words. That sucks. Two more. Patience sucks.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Don’t expect to be blown away or even impressed with the base tune. It’s basically a health check for your first log. Rev 1 will have you smiling.

OP
C
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Thread Starter #4
Hey, I know it's still in the cage, but still shifted WAY better than stock. :ROFLMAO:

Im definitely excited for what's next.

OP
C
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Thread Starter #5
Rev 1 came through TDN, have to wait until tomorrow to flash and test it out.
(DMS, so I need to do multiple pulls)

Man, this is gonna be fun. :cool:

Jetiemann

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Don’t expect to be blown away or even impressed with the base tune. It’s basically a health check for your first log. Rev 1 will have you smiling.
So, ZFG sends a base tune and you do some data logs for them and send them back? Then they send in a revised final tune? Or how many revisions do they typically make for a stock or mild mod vehicle?

Reactions
So, ZFG sends a base tune and you do some data logs for them and send them back? Then they send in a revised final tune? Or how many revisions do they typically make for a stock or mild mod vehicle?
Usually one, sometimes two. I’m about to do some logs after I put the DPs on to see if he needs to tweak it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
It all depends on the car and what you’re doing with it. My 93 tune is Rev 11 and my E50 tune is Rev 8. It was very early on and I think a lot of that data found it’s way into other people’s final tunes.

Jetiemann

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Usually one, sometimes two. I’m about to do some logs after I put the DPs on to see if he needs to tweak it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It all depends on the car and what you’re doing with it. My 93 tune is Rev 11 and my E50 tune is Rev 8. It was very early on and I think a lot of that data found it’s way into other people’s final tunes.
Okay thanks. Does anyone ever do the DMS tune?

Reactions
Okay thanks. Does anyone ever do the DMS tune?
Lots of people opt for the DMS…I’ve had 91, 93 and E50 tunes I’ve been perfect happy with for 4 years so I have no plans to change anything.

OP
C
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Thread Starter #11
My tune is DMS. There's no reason for my family vehicle to run like a striped ape all the time. (For my wife when she's out running errands/groceries?)
There is also no good reason to not have "Sport" run like a striped ape, when it is possible.
Also, there is an "Eco" mode, why not let it baby-drive a little? Towing?

This thing is going to be in a snowy region, being able to keep your thumb on it is a good thing.

ps, I got my rev 1 last night too late to flash, so I'll be out there tonight doing all the data logs!

OP
C
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Thread Starter #12
Ok, Rev 1 installed.
It definitely has some pepper, but maahing in sport from a stop has a pretty serious flat spot.
Of course, lag can be part of it, I could have loosened one of the new charge pipe clamps from the hot-rodding recently, etc.

We'll see. Hopefully the data log tells a story that ZFG can use

Reactions
Ok, Rev 1 installed.
It definitely has some pepper, but maahing in sport from a stop has a pretty serious flat spot.
Of course, lag can be part of it, I could have loosened one of the new charge pipe clamps from the hot-rodding recently, etc.

We'll see. Hopefully the data log tells a story that ZFG can use
Did you leave your traction control on? Did you brake boost?

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

OP
C
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Thread Starter #14
Did you leave your traction control on? Did you brake boost?

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
I left traction control on, and did brake boost for the 0-60/ and 1/4.
The flat spot is from dead stop to mashing. I might expect a little lag, but not a lack of response. (It was not spinning tires at that point :D)
I sent a pretty long log, I'm sure it will tell a more accurate story than I can.