Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Warrant void upgrades

Dalej2024ST

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 ST
Some may know, but what upgrades have been or can be made without voiding the factory warranty?

I searched all prior forum discussion threads and couldn't find anything related to this, but if I overlooked it, forgive me. Thanks for any help, I'm a new ST owner.

Reactions
Some may know, but what upgrades have been or can be made without voiding the factory warranty?

I searched all prior forum discussion threads and couldn't find anything related to this, but if I overlooked it, forgive me. Thanks for any help, I'm a new ST owner.
Talk with your dealership and see what they will allow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Talk with your dealership and see what they will allow.

I added a tune along with several other mods from day one. I didn’t beat on it and nothing has happened. If you plan on tuning it and launching it on a daily basis then you will have issues. I roll onto the throttle in second gear and that is it.

OP
Dalej2024ST

Dalej2024ST

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 ST
Thread Starter #4
I added a tune along with several other mods from day one. I didn’t beat on it and nothing has happened. If you plan on tuning it and launching it on a daily basis then you will have issues. I roll onto the throttle in second gear and that is it.

I appreciate it, and although I do have my fun in it, I try not to kill it everytime I drive it

Reactions
I appreciate it, and although I do have my fun in it, I try not to kill it everytime I drive it
Exactly. Mod the vehicle as you see fit just don’t beat on it. You shouldn’t have any issues. I haven’t had any problems so far.

Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150

Oh man this is the number one most nieve question to ask, but I’ll give you the scoop. Any aftermarket part has the possibility to void warranty. Any aftermarket part can void warranty when and only when it is proved to have caused the problem. A lot of people always ask, “will these mods void warranty,” and I always say, maybe. Any aftermarket part usually won’t cause any problems. A dealer will see any after market parts you do to the car. Some people have dealers that don’t care, others have gotten lucky because dealers don’t look at it. If you’re just going in for simple oil change, they won’t care, but any major repair they put everything under a microscope. If you’re worried about warranty, don’t modify, if you are willing to take the risk, you won’t ever look back. Keep in mind, If you have problems with your car, they’re going to come up with or without any aftermarket part. If you decide to go down the rabbit hole, here’s my modding guide:

https://www.explorerst.org/threads/explorer-st-modding-101-guide.7324/

OP
Dalej2024ST

Dalej2024ST

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 ST
Thread Starter #7
Oh man this is the number one most nieve question to ask, but I’ll give you the scoop. Any aftermarket part has the possibility to void warranty. Any aftermarket part can void warranty when and only when it is proved to have caused the problem. A lot of people always ask, “will these mods void warranty,” and I always say, maybe. Any aftermarket part usually won’t cause any problems. A dealer will see any after market parts you do to the car. Some people have dealers that don’t care, others have gotten lucky because dealers don’t look at it. If you’re just going in for simple oil change, they won’t care, but any major repair they put everything under a microscope. If you’re worried about warranty, don’t modify, if you are willing to take the risk, you won’t ever look back. Keep in mind, If you have problems with your car, they’re going to come up with or without any aftermarket part. If you decide to go down the rabbit hole, here’s my modding guide:

I appreciate it, and yeah, I totally missed that post, but Im also new to the forum page, so learning along the way. I appreciate the information!

Reactions
Vehicle
I appreciate it, and yeah, I totally missed that post, but Im also new to the forum page, so learning along the way. I appreciate the information!
Hey no worries. Hopefully I explained it okay.

Polizi212

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
A wonderful thing to research is the Magnuson Moss act. it related to much of your worries.

DrewDown

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Explorer ST

2020FordRaptor is absolutely correct. If you do anything to modify your Explorer ST that Ford does not have something in writing approving it, you risk voiding your warranty if that can be traced back as the culprit of the failure. I have a 7 year 100,000 mile warranty and definitely don’t want to ruin that. I did reach out to Ford Performance recently and they said there are approved tunes coming from Ford for the 2025 model by the end of the year. That is approximately 30HP and 50 lbft of torque backed by warranty.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
A wonderful thing to research is the Magnuson Moss act. it related to much of your worries.
This is meant to protect you if you use an OEM-like part intended as a direct replacement. So you are not stuck having to buy OEM parts to retain warranty. Like doing your own oil changes, or buying replacement air filters. transmission fluid/filter, alternator, sensors, etc. In simple terms, being able to buy replacement parts from Autozone, O'Reilys, Rock-Auto, etc. Not for parts meant to add power or operate in a way not intended by the MFG.

Mods and warranty are always a roll of the dice.. Got to be willing to take the risk, even if it's low.

Reactions
Vehicle
This is meant to protect you if you use an OEM-like part intended as a direct replacement. So you are not stuck having to buy OEM parts to retain warranty. Like doing your own oil changes, or buying replacement air filters. transmission fluid/filter, alternator, sensors, etc. In simple terms, being able to buy replacement parts from Autozone, O'Reilys, Rock-Auto, etc. Not for parts meant to add power or operate in a way not intended by the MFG.

Mods and warranty are always a roll of the dice.. Got to be willing to take the risk, even if it's low.
True but false also. The Magnusen Moss Act encompasses a lot of different protections for the owner of a modified/repaired vehicle. Magnusen Moss Act protects people who modify their vehicles, replace parts with Non-OEM parts like you mentioned, and the right for the consumer to keep whatever parts are removed from the vehicle from a warranty repair or any repair.