Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Warranty-Safe Performance Mods

RobB

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST 2023
Greetings community,

I recently added a roof wrap and a cold air intake. I’m eager to start working on actual performance mods though, but I want to make sure I don’t void the warranty. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Greetings community,

I recently added a roof wrap and a cold air intake. I’m eager to start working on actual performance mods though, but I want to make sure I don’t void the warranty. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Oh man this is the number one most nieve question to ask, but I’ll give you the scoop. Any aftermarket part has the possibility to void warranty. Any aftermarket part can void warranty when and only when it is proved to have caused the problem. A lot of people always ask, “will these mods void warranty,” and I always say, maybe. Any aftermarket part usually won’t cause any problems. A dealer will see any after market parts you do to the car. Some people have dealers that don’t care, others have gotten lucky because dealers don’t look at it. If you’re just going in for simple oil change, they won’t care, but any major repair they put everything under a microscope. If you’re worried about warranty, don’t modify, if you are willing to take the risk, you won’t ever look back. Keep in mind, If you have problems with your car, they’re going to come up with or without any aftermarket part. If you decide to go down the rabbit hole, here’s my modding guide:

https://www.explorerst.org/threads/explorer-st-modding-101-guide.7324/

roycereal

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
No such thing as warranty-safe mods really. All have some risk.

OP
RobB

RobB

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST 2023
Thread Starter #4
Yeah, this is the first new car I’ve ever purchased outright with zero miles. I’m not too concerned about the internal components, just more about the electronics and computer systems, which can get pretty expensive. I’d rather put the money I’d spend on electronics toward acquiring a Mustang GT350 or something similar. I appreciate the advice, though!

Oh man this is the number one most nieve question to ask, but I’ll give you the scoop. Any aftermarket part has the possibility to void warranty. Any aftermarket part can void warranty when and only when it is proved to have caused the problem. A lot of people always ask, “will these mods void warranty,” and I always say, maybe. Any aftermarket part usually won’t cause any problems. A dealer will see any after market parts you do to the car. Some people have dealers that don’t care, others have gotten lucky because dealers don’t look at it. If you’re just going in for simple oil change, they won’t care, but any major repair they put everything under a microscope. If you’re worried about warranty, don’t modify, if you are willing to take the risk, you won’t ever look back. Keep in mind, If you have problems with your car, they’re going to come up with or without any aftermarket part. If you decide to go down the rabbit hole, here’s my modding guide:

https://www.explorerst.org/threads/explorer-st-modding-101-guide.7324/

OP
RobB

RobB

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST 2023
Thread Starter #5
No such thing as warranty-safe mods really. All have some risk.
Noted ☑️

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Yeah, this is the first new car I’ve ever purchased outright with zero miles. I’m not too concerned about the internal components, just more about the electronics and computer systems, which can get pretty expensive. I’d rather put the money I’d spend on electronics toward acquiring a Mustang GT350 or something similar. I appreciate the advice, though!
You’ll probably never experience any problems that any aftermarket part could cause but you never know what stock part could go out and dealer pin the blame on you.

Last edited: