Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Welcome to the Explorer ST Forum, please post an introduction

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hello - my name is Donna Dreckman and this is the 1st Ford Explorer ST I have personally owned. My husband is Ford all the way, so I made him very happy!!!! I am learning all the bells and whistles of the new 2023 model - probably too many for me to ever remember! Hoping for the best!!
Welcome to the forum Donna and congrats on your new ST.

CBM5081

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hey all - my girlfriend and I just had our first baby 4 months ago, and we decided we needed a more family friendly vehicle. I was lucky enough that she really liked the Explorer, so convincing her we should get an ST wasn’t too hard. Bought a black 2020 with 57,000 miles. Doesn’t have the premium sound package, or the black 21” wheels, but we love it!

im hoping to browse the forum to learn more, but with it having 57,000 miles, is there anything I should be worried about, or keeping an eye open for? I tried to do a little digging prior to purchasing and didn’t seem to find a ton of known issues.

however, we did notice one thing when driving at highway speeds there appears to be this odd sound. It almost sounds like flapping of some kind, as if there was a flag flying on the top of it or something. Any thoughts?!

Attachments

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hey all - my girlfriend and I just had our first baby 4 months ago, and we decided we needed a more family friendly vehicle. I was lucky enough that she really liked the Explorer, so convincing her we should get an ST wasn’t too hard. Bought a black 2020 with 57,000 miles. Doesn’t have the premium sound package, or the black 21” wheels, but we love it!

im hoping to browse the forum to learn more, but with it having 57,000 miles, is there anything I should be worried about, or keeping an eye open for? I tried to do a little digging prior to purchasing and didn’t seem to find a ton of known issues.

however, we did notice one thing when driving at highway speeds there appears to be this odd sound. It almost sounds like flapping of some kind, as if there was a flag flying on the top of it or something. Any thoughts?!
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum.

Check the felt cover under you oil pan. Chances are that they didn't put back all of the retaining clips from the last oil change. Had this happen to me on our first ST.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer St

The splash guard under the vehicle is held on with some poorly designed plastic nuts they should be replaced with stainless steel locknuts. A lot of owners also experience a wind/whistle noise which I have not seen a remedy for yet but would love to know if anyone found the trick for that.

Madisonville ST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Hello - my name is Donna Dreckman and this is the 1st Ford Explorer ST I have personally owned. My husband is Ford all the way, so I made him very happy!!!! I am learning all the bells and whistles of the new 2023 model - probably too many for me to ever remember! Hoping for the best!!
Welcome to the forum Donna

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST

Welcome to the forum

GreyST

Reactions
Hey all,

Been following the Forum for awhile. Mine is a 2020 ST with a Ford Performance tune. I haven't seen a lot of Engine Compartment dress up kits. Here's mine with a modified Ford Performance Raptor cover Engine Compartment.jpg .
Hello and welcome to Explorer ST Forum, the premier community for Explorer ST owners from around the world. Please take a moment and post your introduction and let us know a little bit about yourselves.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Hey all,

Been following the Forum for awhile. Mine is a 2020 ST with a Ford Performance tune. I haven't seen a lot of Engine Compartment dress up kits. Here's mine with a modified Ford Performance Raptor cover View attachment 19464 .
Welcome to the forum. I like the Raptor cover.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hey all,

Been following the Forum for awhile. Mine is a 2020 ST with a Ford Performance tune. I haven't seen a lot of Engine Compartment dress up kits. Here's mine with a modified Ford Performance Raptor cover View attachment 19464 .
Welcome to the forum.

Clean engine

Nova

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hello I am new here. Picked up a 2020 Atlas Blue ST about a week ago. Enjoying the factory warranty and doing cosmetic mods. Once that's up it will be time to mod!

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Hello I am new here. Picked up a 2020 Atlas Blue ST about a week ago. Enjoying the factory warranty and doing cosmetic mods. Once that's up it will be time to mod!
Welcome to the forum

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your ST.

hoopst

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hi everyone! Wife and I just traded in our Wrangler for a 2020 Star white ST. Most fun vehicle we've owned! Already have a list in my notes of mods from reading everyone's posts so figured I'd join the forum.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hi everyone! Wife and I just traded in our Wrangler for a 2020 Star white ST. Most fun vehicle we've owned! Already have a list in my notes of mods from reading everyone's posts so figured I'd join the forum.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum

Madisonville ST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Welcome and enjoy.

Explore3

U.S. Army Veteran
EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
Gwagon
Hello everyone First timer ford owner
Thanks