Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

ssick92

Reactions
Vehicle
Well it’s been exactly 1 week since I came home with my 2020.

So far swapped out the rear bulbs with the HSF kit, and got tint installed yesterday. 15 on fronts, 20 all the way around the rear, and 50 on windshield. Got my forscan obdlink coming tomorrow to mess around with some programming.

Updated my Sync3 to the latest 23188 as well, that was probably the biggest pain out of everything.

I’m having a pretty loud squeaking coming from what appears to be the sunroof shade cover (it goes away when cover is all the way back or if sunroof is vented) - any ideas from anyone? Is this a common thing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
New shoes - Bridgestone Alenza Ultra AS. The Pirellis were down to the minimum. The tram-lining was getting worse, too.

Forgot to ask - has anyone experienced a "wrench" indicator after new tires?

Last edited:

Polizi212

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Today I added a blacked out American Flag Hitch Cover, A red Push Start button overlay, and Running boards! Previously I added molded floor Protectors and new Red accented Cup holder and cubby hole/ compartment rubber mats. A Blacked out American flag License plate frame as well.

Planned upgrades to include
Thermal R&D exhaust.
Intercooler
Cold air intake
Catch can
and ECU Cover.
Black Rims.

as my car did not have the High Package I didn't get the 21" wheels and red calipers!

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
New shoes - Bridgestone Alenza Ultra AS. The Pirellis were down to the minimum. The tram-lining was getting worse, too.

Forgot to ask - has anyone experienced a "wrench" indicator after new tires?
What do you think of them? I got them a couple months ago and couldn’t believe how loud they were. Had to swap them out for Michelins. Wanted to keep the Alenza’s…they ride so damn nice. Just couldn’t deal with that noise for the life of the vehicle.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST

ssick92

Reactions
Vehicle
Got into Forscan last night and changed the DRL’s to amber only. Was able to confirm it worked while the sun was out today.

Wish I could see it on the street in this configuration to see what it actually looks like from afar but I’ve always like amber DRL’s

IMG_1722.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jetiemann

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Got into Forscan last night and changed the DRL’s to amber only. Was able to confirm it worked while the sun was out today.

Wish I could see it on the street in this configuration to see what it actually looks like from afar but I’ve always like amber DRL’s

View attachment 24172

I have a white ST as well and did the amber DRL's. I noticed that people think you're a cop a lot more often now.
Get you some bumper plugs, too!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Finally got around to duradressing the new aforementioned tires. The only way to go if you like keeping the car clean. One day of some elbow grease and enjoy shiny tires forever!

View attachment 24167 View attachment 24168 View attachment 24169 View attachment 24170
Looks great! I’m not gonna lie, I tried the durashine and was not all that thrilled with it. It looked great for a while but I felt it didn’t hold up as long as it should for the effort. I’ve gone back to Bleach White and 303 every couple washes. I also prefer a little less shine.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I don't think any of the tire dressings last very long. I've used Duradressing and now Adam's. Needs a top off about every two weeks.

BrooseDaMoose

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
I have a white ST as well and did the amber DRL's. I noticed that people think you're a cop a lot more often now.
Get you some bumper plugs, too!
I love how the left lane campers scramble to get out of the way when I come up behind them because they think it’s a cop!

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Looking at the features on the box. 2nd feature says "washable". 3rd one says "waterproof". lol
Yeah thats the idea. Once applied you can lit wash off any dirt that gets on it. I did this on my fusion prior and had great results. Don't have to touch the tires for months.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Looks great! I’m not gonna lie, I tried the durashine and was not all that thrilled with it. It looked great for a while but I felt it didn’t hold up as long as it should for the effort. I’ve gone back to Bleach White and 303 every couple washes. I also prefer a little less shine.

I'm surprised since I couldn't wait to do these new tires. Had such good results with my fusion.

I agree on the shine level. I did two coats on last tires and had perfect matte finish. Little shinier than I would have liked, tires just took less to dress this time around. When it fades a bit I think i'll have it dialed in perfect.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I'm surprised since I couldn't wait to do these new tires. Had such good results with my fusion.

I agree on the shine level. I did two coats on last tires and had perfect matte finish. Little shinier than I would have liked, tires just took less to dress this time around. When it fades a bit I think i'll have it dialed in perfect.
Good luck! I really wanted to like it to cut down on some of the maintenance. It gets great reviews so maybe I did something wrong. I know it took me what felt like a day to get the tires cleaned

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Good luck! I really wanted to like it to cut down on some of the maintenance. It gets great reviews so maybe I did something wrong. I know it took me what felt like a day to get the tires cleaned

I can relate. I swear I tore my rotater cuff the firs time I did it. Shoulder hurt for weeks lol. Just like with anything thats applied or coated its all in the prep. Do yourself a favor if you decide to try again and get a wheel brush for your drill. Got a nice nylon bristle brush that attaches to the drill...I had each tire clean in about 20 minutes. Three slow passes with that drill brush and suds were nice and white. Let us know if you give it another go.

ssick92

Reactions
Vehicle
Threw on the piano black center console covers a few minutes ago. I really like the look, just unsure if I like how now all of the buttons are ever so slightly “recessed”. I think that’s definitely something I’ll get used to in time though…

Pictures look a little funky since they’re glossy and it’s sunset but overall I think they look really nice.

View attachment IMG_1733.jpg
View attachment IMG_1734.jpg

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Threw on the piano black center console covers a few minutes ago. I really like the look, just unsure if I like how now all of the buttons are ever so slightly “recessed”. I think that’s definitely something I’ll get used to in time though…

Pictures look a little funky since they’re glossy and it’s sunset but overall I think they look really nice.

View attachment 24208
View attachment 24209

where did you get them?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
Today had an alignment completed, transmission flushed and oil changed by Ford Dealer. Folks at the dealer were against my preventative wishes to do the tranny flush. Also, 90 days ago had paint correction done and ceramic coated including both wheels and brake calipers.

I'm officially out of factory warranty having barely crossed 36K miles and now riding on my extended warranty till 75K miles. 80% miles are highway miles for work.

Next on my list to do: Address mid-pipe rattling, Shop new tires and change spark plugs.

You guys keeping your STs for the long haul? Was thinking offloading after my extended warranty expired - what are your thoughts?