Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Reactions
Vehicle
'23 Expl. ST and '24 'Stang GT Prem., Rapid Red
New Thermal R&D 2.5 inch exhaust with black tips installed. I'm sure it's just an illusion but seems like it woke the car up. Sounds good no drone, mellow rumble at idle in traffic. Slow transition of my ST but so far I am enjoying actually modding this vehicle.
I too bought one of those, and your comments are right on!

Suprawill1

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
New Thermal R&D 2.5 inch exhaust with black tips installed. I'm sure it's just an illusion but seems like it woke the car up. Sounds good no drone, mellow rumble at idle in traffic. Slow transition of my ST but so far I am enjoying actually modding this vehicle.
Enjoy!

Suprawill1

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Installed the CVF Cold Pipe. Also removed the strut brace. All it did was get in the way of anything I tried to work on.
It's just for looks and nobody looks under the hood but me. ;)

Attachments

Smack24

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Installed carbon fiber inserts on the hatch today. Not super noticeable, but hopefully in full sunlight it’ll look brighter

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
Few Things Done over the last 72 hours:

• Installed new 4x Brand New (LionHart LH-Five 295/40/21). These tires are amazing for it's value, I'm a dire-hard Continental Tire fan, think i found a new tire set. They are quiet, no noise, grip well both rain and florida heat. Thank you all for the recommendations.

• Cleaned Wheels, Wheeel wells, and tires. Just wheels only today, it was killing to see new tires and a brake dusted wheel barrel. Wheels are ceramic coated so cleaning is easy-peezy!

• Finalized new 93 octane Tune by GooseTune (Cobb - Access port). I am happy with the response, powers, and speed as a result of my tuning choice with Goose. ***Goose's response time/customer service is outstanding***, we've exchanged on multiple occasions with datalogs and new maps all within a reasonable time window. IMG_0453.jpg

Attachments

Suprawill1

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Few Things Done over the last 72 hours:

• Installed new 4x Brand New (LionHart LH-Five 295/40/21). These tires are amazing for it's value, I'm a dire-hard Continental Tire fan, think i found a new tire set. They are quiet, no noise, grip well both rain and florida heat. Thank you all for the recommendations.

• Cleaned Wheels, Wheeel wells, and tires. Just wheels only today, it was killing to see new tires and a brake dusted wheel barrel. Wheels are ceramic coated so cleaning is easy-peezy!

• Finalized new 93 octane Tune by GooseTune (Cobb - Access port). I am happy with the response, powers, and speed as a result of my tuning choice with Goose. ***Goose's response time/customer service is outstanding***, we've exchanged on multiple occasions with datalogs and new maps all within a reasonable time window. View attachment 24367
Nice, I'll have to check those tires out.
Where did you get that wheel holder/spinner?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
If that doesn’t work I’ve heard that it was the gasket/weatherstripping on the door itself causing the whistling. You can put tape in various places to help pinpoint the whistle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Ford TSB for this. Number:TSB 22-2021

Ford Motor Company (nhtsa.gov)

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
Nice, I'll have to check those tires out.
Where did you get that wheel holder/spinner?
Tires are impressive! The tire spinner thing i picked up from amazon from here

https://a.co/d/5L6Gz4z

Suprawill1

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thats neat.. but I am not taking off wheels eveytime I wash the car.
I'm sure Liver posted that for me cuz I asked. In my case, I would use it only "when" I already have the wheels off. :)

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I'm sure Liver posted that for me cuz I asked. In my case, I would use it only "when" I already have the wheels off. :)
I coukd use it on my bus once a year...although

Attachments

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Change oil, rotate tires, clean wheels. Nice spinner.

BrooseDaMoose

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
What he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suprawill1

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
What for me, would work better than using it for detailing would be using it to remove or replace the wheel back on the vehicle.
The last time I did a brake job, those wheels nearly broke my back to lift and turn to line up with the studs. Heaviest wheels I've ever dealt with.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
Cool, thanks!

So those tires fit the stock 21" black rims?
Yes, they fit perfect. Not going to lie but i was skeptical. But others on here have put the tires through the vetting process and results were positive. I figured - why not? why not me? and I'm happy i did. If i'm honest, kinda look better than the stock Pirelli's. --- just my opinion. and the 295 width looks meaner!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
Thats neat.. but I am not taking off wheels eveytime I wash the car.
I'm with you there, during the honeymoon phase shortly after i purchased it i was washing my wheels like every other week, gave me a great excuse to avoid running errands with my wife. My wife knows, when i clean my car - everyone leaves me alone and they leave the house. however, I was only doing this because I was motivated having ceramic coated the wheels and calipers - love the shine man. Fast forward to today - i'm probably doing this once a month - honeymoon has slowed after months over zealous use.

Suprawill1

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Yes, they fit perfect. Not going to lie but i was skeptical. But others on here have put the tires through the vetting process and results were positive. I figured - why not? why not me? and I'm happy i did. If i'm honest, kinda look better than the stock Pirelli's. --- just my opinion. and the 295 width looks meaner!
Nice!
I'm asking because they're a smidgen less than half the price I paid for mine but in the same breath, the tread life shows that it's less. I guess it's all in what the tire budget looks like the next time I need to re-rubber.

Explorer ST Posts