Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Checking tire pressure today noticed I could not remove the air cap from 2 of 4 wheels horrific fusion. After multiple attempts with different tools i resorted to my last option (The Dremel) and sawed them off. I did a great cut on one but the other I butchered. Had to call a mobile tire guy to replace the stem valve.

Note to self and others: Do not use metal caps unless you'll remember to lub them and check them regularly. I don't use them but my last dealer visit for service they placed green metal caps on for Nitro distinction.
Glad you were able to get two off. Used to tell people all the time when I worked in the shop, you live in the midwest...anything metal will corrode at some point. The look isn't worth it.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Installed this phone holder in the slot by the cup holders. Fits well and lets my phone connect to CarPlay without wild cables everywhere. Only time will tell how well the port holds up because it's not super sturdy but seems like it will do the job. Might add some foam around the edges to hold it all in place a little bit better if needed. It comes with the correct size USB cable and cable ties to stick on the inside of the cubby to hold it all in place.

Link to Amazon: https://amzn.to/46vRcJ3

View attachment 24312
View attachment 24313
View attachment 24314
Had same question about how its held in place. Love the clean install and utilizing a spot that isn't good for much else. Hopefully that cable end holds up.

ssick92

Reactions
Vehicle
The holder itself is rock solid - but the phone was extremely wobbly on the USB port and it kept disconnecting. I tried to modify it a little bit by adding some foam underneath the phone which helped slightly, but ultimately I decided to just return it.

I’m going to use the Offroam mount above the vent and just try to route the cable up there in a way that it’s not super ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The holder itself is rock solid - but the phone was extremely wobbly on the USB port and it kept disconnecting. I tried to modify it a little bit by adding some foam underneath the phone which helped slightly, but ultimately I decided to just return it.

I’m going to use the Offroam mount above the vent and just try to route the cable up there in a way that it’s not super ugly.

I mounted my phone in that same spot next to the screen. As for the cable....it is what it is man. That shit just dangles there.

BrooseDaMoose

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
I have this one and love it! Super strong magnet and no dangling wires! Found on Etsy: Phone Mount

Reactions
This has all been over the course of a week and a half to the new 25' ST with the exception of adding Lamin-X tinted film to the reverse lights today. They don't make precut pieces for the 25' yet so I ordered a couple of square pieces, made a paper template, and cut out my own.

- Lamin-X reverse light tinted film (Before & after pics below - IMO, they look soooo much better with a little tint vs. the large white areas)
- AFE, cold air intake installed
- Dual valve UPR oil catch can installed
- AirLift helper spring bags w/ a gauge and schrader valve plumbed to the inside of the vehicle at the back installed
- AWR differential brace installed
- Start / stop eliminator installed into the steering column
- Mud flaps installed all around
- Curt brake controller installed
- AVS side window vent shades installed
- EXPLORER hood letters removed, hood deflector installed, new silver EXPLORER letters installed on the hood deflector
- Steering wheel cover installed
- Husky floor liners throughout the entire vehicle

**I might add a larger intercooler next year for towing and I'm planning on adding a lightbar behind the grille eventually. Other than that, I'm all done with my add-on's.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
My son helped me clean up my OEM 21’s and new lighter GY asymmetric 5’s really happy with them!

IMG_3383.jpeg IMG_3379.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
My son helped me clean up my OEM 21’s and new lighter GY asymmetric 5’s really happy with them!
You have a good son.

JADE97

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford F250 Tremor
This has all been over the course of a week and a half to the new 25' ST with the exception of adding Lamin-X tinted film to the reverse lights today. They don't make precut pieces for the 25' yet so I ordered a couple of square pieces, made a paper template, and cut out my own.

- Lamin-X reverse light tinted film (Before & after pics below - IMO, they look soooo much better with a little tint vs. the large white areas)
- AFE, cold air intake installed
- Dual valve UPR oil catch can installed
- AirLift helper spring bags w/ a gauge and schrader valve plumbed to the inside of the vehicle at the back installed
- AWR differential brace installed
- Start / stop eliminator installed into the steering column
- Mud flaps installed all around
- Curt brake controller installed
- AVS side window vent shades installed
- EXPLORER hood letters removed, hood deflector installed, new silver EXPLORER letters installed on the hood deflector
- Steering wheel cover installed
- Husky floor liners throughout the entire vehicle

**I might add a larger intercooler next year for towing and I'm planning on adding a lightbar behind the grille eventually. Other than that, I'm all done with my add-on's.

Caster - is the Start/Stop Eliminator the same part number as the 2020-2024? When I went on the mfg.'s website, the didn't have 2025 listed.

Also, are the Husky Floor Liners the same for 2025, as well? Same issue.

I have a 2025 Explorer on order for the wife...

Thank you!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

I didn't know Off Roam has a mount for our Explorer's. I have the ProClip and my only complaint is that it blocks the vent and in my car, the mount has fallen numerous times. I finally reached out to them and they sent me another vent mount piece and that one seems to have a better fit. I had a Off Roam for my F150 and loved it.

Reactions
Caster - is the Start/Stop Eliminator the same part number as the 2020-2024? When I went on the mfg.'s website, the didn't have 2025 listed.

Also, are the Husky Floor Liners the same for 2025, as well? Same issue.

I have a 2025 Explorer on order for the wife...

Thank you!
The start/stop eliminator was the same one I purchased, installed, and removed when I traded it in, from my 2022 Explorer ST. It installed in the 2025 exactly as it did in the 22'. The Husky floor liners were the same - I took them out of my 2022 and installed them in the 2025 and the fit is exactly the same.

Everything in my list of things I added are from 2021 and up Explorer ST model years. Everything fits the same on the new 2025 ST.

Last edited:

JADE97

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford F250 Tremor
The start/stop eliminator was the same one I purchased, installed, and removed when I traded it in, from my 2022 Explorer ST. It installed in the 2025 exactly as it did in the 22'. The Husky floor liners were the same - I took them out of my 2022 and installed them in the 2025 and the fit is exactly the same.

Everything in my list of things I added are from 2021 and up Explorer ST model years. Everything fits the same on the new 2025 ST.
Perfect! Thank you for letting me know!

ssick92

Reactions
Vehicle
I didn't know Off Roam has a mount for our Explorer's. I have the ProClip and my only complaint is that it blocks the vent and in my car, the mount has fallen numerous times. I finally reached out to them and they sent me another vent mount piece and that one seems to have a better fit. I had a Off Roam for my F[emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]] and loved it.
Been using the Offroam mount for the last week and it’s great. Rock solid and doesn’t block anything - I’ll definitely be keeping this one.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Unfortunately the people selling the services or writing you up are not always well versed on what they're offering. You asking for something beyond what the book is telling them throws them off. The idea of preventative maintenance seems to be something foreign to the dealerships cause the book says everything has lifetime fluid.

Dealer fought me for the longest time to change PTU fluid on last Ford and when they got it in the air they said, oh there's a drain plug, sure we can change it. They're telling me that not all the drivetrain fluid is serviceable on this either. Lifetime...yet they don't warranty it for lifetime. Odd how those things don't line up.
Man, that's for sure! Even something as simple as tire rotations, they rely on what they're accustomed to or what someone told them instead of the book. Most annoying when the owner knows more than the service writer.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
What do you think of them? I got them a couple months ago and couldn’t believe how loud they were. Had to swap them out for Michelins. Wanted to keep the Alenza’s…they ride so damn nice. Just couldn’t deal with that noise for the life of the vehicle.
Sorry for the delayed response. I don't notice any noise. Perhaps it's because of summer and the A/C pounding away, the sound system on and the SoundScreen glass.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Put on the ford accessories hood bug/rock deflector.
This one has standoff brackets so the explorer lettering can stay on hood
It also comes off very easy ..6 screws for cleaning under and waxing

Attachments

Suprawill1

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Put on the ford accessories hood bug/rock deflector.
This one has standoff brackets so the explorer lettering can stay on hood
It also comes off very easy ..6 screws for cleaning under and waxing
Cool. Where did you search this out?

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST

Attachments

Explorer ST Posts