Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
You should market this! ;)
I don’t have time or patience to mass produce these but was thinking about making a template so if others wanted to they could make one.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Also, washed it because it was a tough weekend...
That looks like our area
Wash it, 2 days later rear covered in dust

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
So I got it finished and installed... Here are some pictures as well as the template. For the template the dotted lines are where it is bent and in the bottom right is the side view so you can see the angles... IMG_0655.JPG IMG_0656.JPG IMG_0657.JPG IMG_0658.JPG IMG_0653.JPG Bend Dimensions.jpg
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TEMPLATE IS MIRRORED… THE TOP SHOULD BE THE BOTTOM.

Last edited:

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Very sharp

Suprawill1

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
So I got it finished and installed... Here are some pictures as well as the template. For the template the dotted lines are where it is bent and in the bottom right is the side view so you can see the angles... View attachment 24717 View attachment 24718 View attachment 24719 View attachment 24720 View attachment 24721
Thanks!

Just a template redraft note:
The 31" length is fine. As far as the 6" width, maybe you could show that the 6" is the total width and in the same ruler, mark the measures of the indents and the dotted lines. The dotted lines show the area of bending but not where they are in reference to the width.

Also, what material did you use? I was thinking of doing the same with aluminum as it would be easier to manipulate than steel and less prone to rust.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thanks!

Just a template redraft note:
The 31" length is fine. As far as the 6" width, maybe you could show that the 6" is the total width and in the same ruler, mark the measures of the indents and the dotted lines. The dotted lines show the area of bending but not where they are in reference to the width.

Also, what material did you use? I was thinking of doing the same with aluminum as it would be easier to manipulate than steel and less prone to rust.
I just used plate stock steel… would have used aluminum as well but didn’t have easy access. I will upload another picture with the dimensions for the bends per your request.

Polizi212

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Installed my J&L oil Catch can, and new Reverse lights, turn signals and license plate lights from Houston Speed Freaks.. the are nice and bright just have to wait for darkness to see how they perform... Catch can was stupid easy took more time to find a 10mm socket than to do the install. I did notice my PCV hose was very clean looking, I didn't notice any oil or oily residue in it. over all a very productive 40 mins.

Mackdaddy

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST
Drove it, lol

Suprawill1

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I just used plate stock steel… would have used aluminum as well but didn’t have easy access. I will upload another picture with the dimensions for the bends per your request.
Awesome! Thanks!

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Agree, that can put a smile on your face
We have a short 12 mile or so very winding 2 lane , country road, woth small hills and lots of curves. It gives you a few minutes to press it

Suprawill1

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Spent 2 1/2 hrs under the hood today after the hose blew off the right turbo last night. The hose clamp screw was in such a ridiculous position that I had to take the whole piping off so I could reset the orientation of the clamp. It was one of those clamps that was crimped onto the hose so you couldn't turn it to expose the screw. Had to uncrimp it and recrimp it to a position where I could even get a socket on it. Of course, it was in one of those unreachable tight spots so you could barely turn a ratchet. In fact 'all' the clamps involved had their screws in unreachable areas under all the items I had to remove to get to them.

Literally had to lay on the engine to access the whole job. This also happened with the left turbo a while back. I'll have to talk to the mechanic who installed the turbos about that.

BrooseDaMoose

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
I replaced all mine with T-Bolt clamps. They grip better and you can position them so you can access the heads easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Been loving the ST so far. Here are some little things done so far (and my JXB bushing insert, upgraded diff hardware, and AWR brace are on their way)
- emblem inlays
- black ovals
- interior protectors
- hardwired radar detector
- rain guards
- metal pedals
- weather tech folding cargo liner
- cup holder hero pack red trim

Attachments

BrooseDaMoose

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Been loving the ST so far. Here are some little things done so far (and my JXB bushing insert, upgraded diff hardware, and AWR brace are on their way)
- emblem inlays
- black ovals
- interior protectors
- hardwired radar detector
- rain guards
- metal pedals
- weather tech folding cargo liner
- cup holder hero pack red trim
Where did you find the trim for the radio/HVAC? I have all the rest but couldn’t find that piece. Only for the 8” screen.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I updated my wire cover thread again with a disclaimer at the bottom. I did the Template from the top but marked it from underneath making it mirrored. The top where the dimensions are is actually the drivers side (around the coolant reservoir).

Suprawill1

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I replaced all mine with T-Bolt clamps. They grip better and you can position them so you can access the heads easier.

Thanks Broose! I'm about to do that tomorrow as the d*mn thing blew off again tonight!

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Can I ask how much the repair cost you? Trying to gauge as I just got a ding the other day.
Paid $950. Unfortunately, the dent was too deep and the paint was taken off down to the metal for a paintless dent repair. Body shop had to disassemble the entire door to remove the dent and then fully paint front and back doors to blend the iconic silver so you wouldn't be able tell there was a repaint.

You can definitely find cheaper body shops, the 950 is more on the high end

Suprawill1

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Paid $950. Unfortunately, the dent was too deep and the paint was taken off down to the metal for a paintless dent repair. Body shop had to disassemble the entire door to remove the dent and then fully paint front and back doors to blend the iconic silver so you wouldn't be able tell there was a repaint.

You can definitely find cheaper body shops, the 950 is more on the high end
Had a scratch that went down to the metal on the left front fender. The body shop I went to not only matched the iconic silver but they also had a scanner that picked up any kind of paint fade so it would automatically match the rest of the car. The match was perfect and they didn't have to repaint any other part of the ST to match their job.
I thought that was standard procedure these days so it surprises me that your body shop would also have to repaint your back door to match their paint. It seems like unneeded cost.

DuncanS

Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Explorer ST
Thank you. Next, post pics of the new part you get and the install pic.!
Charge Pipes installed! Finally the intercooler was able to be installed, with the Emblem City emblem swap and hood struts. Hardwired mirror tap for the radar detector was the same process, and Thermal R&D exhaust installed, but I'm holding off on my downpipes for now.

Roof rail delete is almost done, but Ford had a defect where one bracket was missing a bolt during the injection process, waiting for a replacement that will actually bolt to the vehicle.

IMG_20240826_064138_091.jpg 20240825_181702.jpg

Attachments

Suprawill1

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thanks Broose! I'm about to do that tomorrow as the d*mn thing blew off again tonight!

Do you remember if you used 2", 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" T bolts for your turbo?

Explorer ST Posts