Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Reactions

I would have took it out into the light for better pictures but I'm going to apply another coat of the GG Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax Spray for "extreme durability" per the instructions tomorrow.
The black widow!

Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST 400a
Thank you. I am looking into maybe having one custom made by the company below. It will be pricey but it is what it is. Everything I see from my searches are made in China or Taiwan. I have an issue with swapping out my made in USA grille oval with an American flag emblem not made in USA. Thats like hanging an American flag on my house that's made in China - I won't do it!
View attachment 25571
Curious. What brand denims you wear?

Reactions
WTH Kind of a question is that? I'm positive it has nothing to do with a made in the USA vehicle emblem.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Did some things.
First, The OCD Plug's A/B/D pillar PPF wraps went on. I did an acceptable-good job on the B/D pillars, but the contours of the A pillar really exposed my complete and total lack of skill. Going to have to look at fixing some of the bubbles that got left there. I'm still somewhat on the fence about how needed these are, but my opinion on that will probably sway based on how they look after a few trips through a car wash. They're definitely a cleaner black and if they keep the pillars from looking scratched, that's a win.

Next, opened up the front bumper/grille to install the Emblem City black on black Ford badge. Despite the poor lighting here, it looks great. I'll get another shot sometime this week, probably.
20241014_100833.jpg

Some notes about that install:
- I only popped loose the passenger side and center portion of the bumper. That left me enough room to get my arm in there holding a 10mm socket and unscrew the badge. I'm a pretty big dude with big dude arms (humble brag), so if I can get in there, I'm sure most people can do it this way. My arm took a little damage in the form of some imprints having the bumper press into it, but it seemed easier than popping loose the other side.
20241014_093426.jpg
- The 10mm bolts you access behind the wheel well liner weren't that difficult to get off from an "OMG, why are these so tight?" POV, but they were a huge PITA for someone who doesn't have a universal joint for his sockets. Like I said, big dude trying to do this relatively quickly, so leaving the wheels on and getting a wrench up there was a tight squeeze and I could only turn the bolt about a quarter turn at a time. VERY thankful they weren't super tight.
- The only thing I broke this time was the little pinch clip between the 10mm bolts. No big deal.
- In retrospect, I think the way to do it is Unbroken's "drill the studs off from the outside then VHB tape the new badge on", unless you're taking the bumper off for an intercooler install or something already. The badge is plastic, so weighs just about nothing and should be fine with tape.

Reactions
LOL, humor me. What's your fav brand?
Sounds like the humor me will mean that I'm the humor topic.. I guess I've answered worse questions so here it goes, I wear American Eagle jeans and I know they are not made in USA.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
I think Lee and Wrangler are the only name brands made in the USA anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
Lmao!
You got my point. Bravo!

So you’ll trust holding the family jewels in some foreign brand but would spend a lot more cash on an ornament.

Just messing with ya but as I mentioned, it’s a biotch to find usa made.

Decades ago, I road Harleys, ran with a lot of harden hd heads.
Buy America was their chant! I had many brands and you’d be surprised how much foreign crap was under the label. HD included.
We had guys that would put their bikes in back of pickups rather than drive long distances. They absolutely hated me when I pointed out the hypocrisy. Preach American while you put your bike in the back of a Toyota.

My hard headed bro-in-law was pist. He had a red and black HD softail. I had a Honda Shadow with same colors, just reversed. He blew his stack because that my back seat said Made In USA.
I think you get my point. You can run but cannot not hide and if we don’t get rid of this libtard administration, this country is doomed.

In the mean time, support the little guy while we still have them.

Reactions
Vehicle
I think Lee and Wrangler are the only name brands made in the USA anymore.

Nope, imported.
I wear mostly Lees.

Reactions
Vehicle
Nope, imported.
I wear mostly Lees.

Just checked and they are both imported now! It’s just too damn expensive to make anything in the US today! I do buy from the small guy whenever possible though! Oh well, on with the thread.

Reactions
Lmao!
You got my point. Bravo!

So you’ll trust holding the family jewels in some foreign brand but would spend a lot more cash on an ornament.

Just messing with ya but as I mentioned, it’s a biotch to find usa made.

Decades ago, I road Harleys, ran with a lot of harden hd heads.
Buy America was their chant! I had many brands and you’d be surprised how much foreign crap was under the label. HD included.
We had guys that would put their bikes in back of pickups rather than drive long distances. They absolutely hated me when I pointed out the hypocrisy. Preach American while you put your bike in the back of a Toyota.

My hard headed bro-in-law was pist. He had a red and black HD softail. I had a Honda Shadow with same colors, just reversed. He blew his stack because that my back seat said Made In USA.
I think you get my point. You can run but cannot not hide and if we don’t get rid of this libtard administration, this country is doomed.

In the mean time, support the little guy while we still have them.
I try to buy made in USA as much as I can and if it makes sense. Like you said, it's hard to find made in USA things all the time. Buying certain things that are made in USA with their much higher cost and that you will barely use doesn't always make sense either. Depends on what it is and I weigh my options. Agree that TONS of things made in USA are full of China, etc. parts. I own lots of Polaris toys and they seem to have more made in China parts than anything else.. .

I do draw the line with anything with the American flag on it. If I am buying it with our flag on it, it better be made here.

Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Explorer ST
Did rear diff lube change to some Amsoil 75W-110 gear lube. Then installed the Steeda Rear diff brace. Such a nice looking beefy piece. I'm sure it does its job well. Install wasn't the most fun thing in the world threading the little blocks that get slipped up into the subframe. Now that I have done it next time I remove/reinstall for the next diff fluid interval it will be easier/faster!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Ordered a BOV and S&B Intake from Steeda. Looking forward to getting those in and on the Explorer ASAP.

Reactions
Vehicle
Got all my Forscan changes done with the new PCM. Just awaiting an updated tune revision now.